From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DFS can refer to several things.
Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
- DCE Distributed File System (DCE/DFS)
- Disc Filing System, a filesystem developed by Acorn Computers
- Distributed file system, a method of storing persistent data over computer network
- Distributed File System (Microsoft), a set of client and server services that allow an organization using Microsoft Windows servers to organize many distributed SMB file shares into a distributed file system
- Decoherence-free subspaces, subspace of a system's Hilbert space where the system is decoupled from the environment
- Definitive Feasibility Study, a stage of engineering project development
- Design for service, a type of 'Design for X', an engineering methodology
- DFS-Kopernikus: a series of satellites
- Digital Frequency Synthesizer, generation of different frequency from another in phase
- Discrete Fourier Series, the discrete version of Fourier series
- Dynamic frequency scaling, a method for reducing a microprocessor's power consumption
- Dynamic Frequency Selection: part of the IEEE 802.11h wireless standard
- Detailed Functional Specifications: The functional design specifications for new software before it is developed
- Depth-first search algorithm, a part of graph theory
Organisations and companies
- Department of financial studies, University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
- Deutsche Flugsicherung, the German air traffic control organisation
- Deutsche Forschungsanstalt für Segelflug (German Research Institute for Sailplane Flight), developers of the "DFS brake" for gliders.
- Dancer Fitzgerald Sample, a defunct advertising agency, now known as Saatchi & Saatchi.
- Dell Financial Services
- Department of Family Services
- DFS Galleria: A Hong Kong-based retailer (part of LVMH) operating duty-free shops
- DFS (British retailer): furniture retailer
- Dirección Federal de Seguridad, Federal Direction of Security in Mexico
- Discover Financial Services, which offers the Discover Card
- DSM Food Specialties
- Department of Field Support (UN Peacekeeping)
- Disease-free survival, in medicine, a measure of the efficacy of treatment of e.g. cancer
- Duty-free shop
- Dynamic-force spectroscopy
- Dragon's Friendly Society, a publishing company set up by Oliver Postgate in 2000
- DFS (CDMA Tool) - informal management and diagnostic tool for Qualcomm based devices
- DFS Dorland - The Program Exchange
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.