DHA Suffa University
|DHA Suffa University|
Motto in English
|With Enlightened Vista for Top Quality|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Sarfraz Hussain|
|Registrar||Prof. Dr. Athar Mahboob|
|Location||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Colours||Maroon, White, Orange|
The University was established in 2002 and started its operations in 2012. The university offers undergraduate, post-graduate, and doctoral programmes in engineering, humanities, arts, computer science, business, management, and various other academic disciplines. Major financial funding and endowment are managed by the DHA urban development corporation who also built the university.
DHA Suffa University was granted Charter by the Government of Sindh in the year 2002. The University derives its name from the rectangular platform in Al-Masjid an-Nabawi, where companions of Mohammad used to gather to seek knowledge. The construction of the present campus on 5 acres of land in DHA Phase VII (Ext) was started in the year 2004 and completed in the year 2007. The capacity of this campus is 3000 students. The University plans to have a second campus in DHA City. The new campus will be fully residential for the faculty, staff and students. It shall have the capacity to accommodate 11000 students, 700 faculty members and 2000 non-teaching staff.
DSU awards .
- Et. Al. "History". DHA Suffa University Press. DHA Suffa University Press. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Chancellor of the University". Chancellor of the University. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Message By The Vice Chancellor". Message By The Vice Chancellor. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Board of Governors of DHA Suffa University". Board of Governors of DHA Suffa University. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Address of the DSU". Address of the DSU. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Introduction and history". Introduction and history. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Official Website-DHA Suffa University. Retrieved 4 September 2013
- About DSU-DHA Suffa University. Retrieved 4 September 2013
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|