||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
|Birth name||Shollen Ricky E. Quarshie|
|Born||1985 (age 28–29)
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England
|Occupations||DJ, radio presenter, producer|
|Labels||Q Recordings, Party Like Us, Local Action|
DJ Q’s musical journey started from a young age in Huddersfield, listening to music played by his parents. It was at the age of 12 when 'Q' first got involved with the UK Garage scene, buying vinyls and tape packs. When his vinyl collection grew larger Q finally got a pair of record decks in his bedroom. After teaching himself to mix Q started to get bookings at local parties at the age of 15, before learning to produce music the next year at college. 
Q's break on radio came in 2004, when a friend working at BBC Radio 1Xtra informed him that the station were looking for a new DJ on the pulse of the rising Bassline scene in the North of England. He submitted a mix CD, and before long Q became the youngest DJ at 1Xtra, hosting the fortnightly UKG Mix Show. 
It was around the same time Q released his first vinyl, 'Love Like This (The Reasons)' which was a big hit on the Bassline scene. This brought him more bookings at Bassline events and as time passed Q produced more hits such as 'Tea Bag', 'Dirty' and later 'You Wot!', which was signed and released via Ministry of Sound. The popular ‘You Wot!’ made the UK Top 50 upon its release in summer 2008, which led to remix work for the likes of Amy Winehouse, Dizzee Rascal, Keri Hilson and Katy B to name a few.    
Q continued to host his 1Xtra show – by now a weekly broadcast - throughout his mainstream success, and frequently appeared on sister station BBC Radio 1 for guest mixes, before his departure in 2012 after 8 years at the station. He soon began a new monthly show on Ministry of Sound Radio, presenting the Essential Garage show.
Recent years have seen an increase in new productions from Q, with over 10 digital single and EP releases since 2012 that cross a broad spectrum of dance music. These include ‘Say To You’ (released under the alias Classified), the ‘Sound Boy Connection’ EP via US label Party Like Us, and three singles from his upcoming debut album via Local Action Records.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
||2008||50||Non Album Singles|
|"Dibby Dibby Sound / Swing"
|"Say To You"
(ft. Louise Williams)
|"Through The Night"
(ft. Louise Williams)
|"Let The Music Play"
(ft. Louise Williams)
- Q Bass Trax 1 (2013)
- Sound Boy Connection EP (2013)
- Love Keeps Changing (2013) - [Trumpet & Badman, with DJ Haus]
- Ineffable (2014)
- "DJ Q READIES DEBUT ALBUM FOR AUTUMN: STREAM NEW SINGLE ‘TRUST AGAIN’ INSIDE". Fact Magazine. 7 January 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "England & Wales Birth Index, 1916-2005". Ancestry.co.uk. Jul-Aug-Sep 1985. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- DJ Q Managment, DJ Q Managment. "Facebook Bio". Subject's Social site Facebook. Facebook. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Walsh, James. "INTERVIEW: DJ Q". MTV, OFFICIAL WEBSITE. MTV. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- Mendoza, Nadia (2008) "Rappers egged during filming", The Sun, 22 July 2008, retrieved 2012-01-08
- "You Wot!", Chart Stats, retrieved 2012-01-08
- DJ Q, YouTube. "DJ Q - Valerie". YouTube. YouTube/DJ Q. Retrieved 9 October 2008.
- DJ Q, YouTube. "DJ SCAIFE - March 2010 - Keri Hilson - Energy (DJ Q Remix)". YouTube. YouTube. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- DJ Q, YouTube. "DJ Q vs Dizzee Rascal - Flex". YouTube. YouTube. Retrieved 5 May 2008.
- DJ Q, YouTube. "DJ NG FEAT KATY B - TELL ME (DJ Q MIX)". YouTube. YouTube. Retrieved 16 December 2008.
- Ministry of sound radio, Ministry of sound radio. "Radio/DJ Q". Ministry Of Sound. Ministry Of Sound. Retrieved 2010.
- Mag, Fact (24 October 2013). "DJ Q UNLEASHES NEW ALIAS ON UNKNOWN TO THE UNKNOWN EP: WATCH THE RIDICULOUS VIDEO INSIDE". Fact Mag. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- PR, Plexi. "DJ Q’s ‘Sound Boy Connection’ EP Premieres on SPIN, Fact Mag, XLR8R; Out Now on Party Like Us Records". Web Magazine. Plexi PR. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- Walker, Joe (24 October 2013). "DJ Q announces October Tour ahead of Debut Album". The Hub Entertainment. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- .com, Discogs. "DJ Q". Web discography. Discogs.com. Retrieved 2005-01-01.
- Download, Juno. "DJ Q". Discography. Juno Download. Retrieved 2001-01-01.