DQE, or Dairy Queen Empire, is a band formed by singer/songwriter Grace Braun, New York photographer Chris Verene and former Fat Day drummer Zak Sitter in 1986 in Atlanta. The band later evolved into one built around the core of Grace Braun (renamed Anna Trodglen) and her husband/drummer, music writer Dugan Trodglen. Past contributors include Justin Hughes, and a present member of the band is John Armstrong.
- Masturbation Made A Mess Out Of Me, 1993 7 inch single, on Feel Good All Over
- But Me I Fell Down, 1994 album, on Feel Good All Over
- Tell Me Why The Ivy Twines 1995 7 inch single, on Colossal
- Jump On In 1995 album, on Making Of Americans
- DQE & Jad Fair, self-titled collaboration, on Dark Beloved Cloud, DBC205
- The Queen of Mean on Dark Beloved Cloud, DBC229
- I'm Your Girl, DQE and Grace Braun double CD (disk 1 Grace Braun, disk 2 DQE) on Dark Beloved Cloud, DBC237
As Grace Braun:
- It Won't Hurt 1997, on Slow River Records, #26
- The Gabrielle Tapes 2005, self-released CD of Nick Drake and Jackson C. Frank covers.
- Pictures of Cliffs
- Old Gold
- Ride This Ride (released on Certron cassettes)
- N is for Knowledge (sold for $1.89)
- Low Life 7 inch containing one DQE song, "In One Ear Out The Other" released in conjunction with Low Life Magazine (Publisher: Glen Thrasher)
- Low Life 12 inch containing two DQE songs, "Burning From The Inside Out" & "Carnival"
- I'm Your Girl at www.amazon.com
- Dark Beloved Cloud catalogue
- Review by Andrew Magilow 
- Review by Spin Magazine 1994—no link current--
- Article by Mike Appelstein in Writer's Block #7 
|This article on a United States rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|