|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2014)|
|Founder(s)||Divyesh Kharade, Akash Shah, Jinen Dedhia|
|Products||DRONA Mobile, DRONA I-Voice, Teamgum, Bizpunditz|
|Website||http://www.dronamobile.com , http://www.teamgum.com , http://bizpunditz.com|
DRONA Mobile is a proprietary product of Deltecs InfoTech Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, India. The product was launched in 2009 as a mobile engagement and learning platform for enterprises. It now serves as a complete enterprise mobile solution that supports multiple business functions within an organization.
DRONA enables Companies to establish real-time communication with employees, customers or partners as well as engage or train them via scheduled campaigns. The product is popular for optimizing and delivering videos on low cost 2G networks and supporting the authoring of a range of mobile content including newsletters, quizzes, presentations, polls, feedback forms, surveys, video and audio clips.
Leading enterprises in India including State Bank of India (Fortune 500, 2012), Essar, Airtel, Fullerton India, Genpact, and Wockhardt are using DRONA Mobile to drive their engagement, training, marketing, sales and communication initiatives.
College students Jinen Dedhia, Divyesh Kharade, and Akash Shah saw students pouring over preparatory exam materials during commutes in 2005. They worked out a mobile learning solution that allowed word lists to be pushed to mobile handsets. The idea caught on and the team continued delivering mobile learning services till they launched their own company, Delta Technologies (later renamed to Deltecs InfoTech Pvt. Ltd.) in 2007.
The same year, Tata McGraw-Hill approached Deltecs to develop mobile learning products for a range of exam-based materials. This project was called Mobile Ads (MAD). As the market for mobile learning grew, the team started work on a common mobile platform that could support multiple sources of content. They called it DRONA.
DRONA was first implemented at Wipro Technologies in 2009. A module named DRONA VCAST was deployed on the BES servers at Wipro to train and engage senior executives via video on their BlackBerry smartphones. The project was a success and Deltecs' shifted its focus to smartphones exclusively.
In 2010, DRONA VCAST was renamed to DRONA Mobile as it now supported multiple formats including video, audio, documents, presentations and more. The same year, DRONA Mobile was also launched for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
DRONA Mobile includes a back end and front end client application. The back end integrates with enterprises' systems and supports the creation, delivery and tracking of mobile content. The front end is the mobile application that users access on their smartphones or tablets for training, business communication, and engagements.
Users can access DRONA anytime, anywhere in the offline or online mode. The application includes user-friendly features such as search, filter, bookmark, pause and resume, and device health downloads.
The product supports encrypted data storage and transmission, remote data wipe in case of theft or loss of device, user management and authentication for enterprise data safety.
|2011||QPrize Global Entrepreneur Competition|
|2010||World Summit Award (WSA) Mobile Content|
|Young Creative Entrepreneurs (YCE), India|
|TechSparks 2010 from Microsoft Canaan|
|mBillionth Award, South Asia|
|Mobile User Experience (MES) Award|
|2009||Handheld Learning Award|
|Thammasat Asia Moot Corp Award|
|2008||TATA NEN Hottest Startups, India|
- Deltecs Info unveils Drona Mobile for biz enterprises, The Hindu Business Line, Mumbai, July 27
- Mobile learning is the mantra for Deltecs, Techgig.com, January 13, 2011
- 24X7 Class: M-learning catches on as corporates catch employees on the move, The Economic Times, May 8, 2012
- Radhika P Nair (Nov 30, 2011). "Tech start-ups like Deltecs InfoTech win over big business with niche products". The Economic Times. Retrieved Sep 6, 2012.
- Coming, The M-learning Revolution (MAD), The Telegraph, May 3, 2009
- ET NOW Showcases Deltecs, ET NOW Showcase, June, 2010
- TechSparks Top Finalist: Divyesh Kharade, Founder, Deltecs InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. (Mobile Learning), Yourstory.in, Aug 26, 2010
- Success, in bits and bytes, The Hindustan Times, December 6, 2010
- "Drona – Mobile Learning Management System". World Summit Award - Mobile Content. Retrieved Sep 6, 2012., WSA Mobile Content, 2010
- Team YS (Dec 2, 2010). "Entrepreneur Divyesh Kharade led Deltecs InfoTech to present ‘DRONA – Mobile Learning’ at World Summit Awards ceremony in Abu Dhabi". Yourstory.in. Retrieved Sep 6, 2012.
- "Handheld Learning Award 2009 - Drona mobile learning". YouTube. 2009.