|Industry||Music & Entertainment|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Products||Music & Entertainment|
|Services||Music & Entertainment agency|
|Website||DSP Media official homepage|
DSP Media, formerly known as DSP Entertainment, is a Korean entertainment company, headquartered in Seoul, South Korea that was established in 1991 by Lee HoYeon. DSP Media entered the K-pop scene with the success of 90′s idol groups Sechs Kies and Fin.K.L. Today, DSP Media is an all around entertainment company responsible for music production, marketing, talent agent and management, music distribution and publishing.
DSP Media was originally named DaeSung Enterprise when it first went into business in 1991. In fact, the company went through four name changes. In 1999, the company was renamed as DSP Entertainment. In 2008, with the successful expansion in the entertainment industry, DSP Entertainment was renamed as DSP Media.
In September 1991, DaeSung Enterprise was founded by Lee HoYeon to provide entertainers to the public television. One of their first Korean music group was Firetruck (소방차). The group was a hit and is still loved by the older Koreans.
In February 1999, with the success of star groups like Sechs Kies and FIN.K.L., the company went through legal actions to rename itself to DSP Entertainment.
In March 2006, after merging with Hoshin Textile Company (호신섬유), DSP Entertainment was renamed to DSP Enti.
In September 2008, DSP Enti was renamed as DSP Media. By this time, the company became renowned for its success in the kpop music, Korean drama and TV show production industries.
Soloist & Duo
- Oh Jong Hyuk
- Son Yu-ji1
1 Son Yu-ji is a 15-year old singer from Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province. She joined SBS' K-pop Star 2 as the youngest member of a five-girl group, YouU. On December 2013, she became the last YouU member to be signed up by any agency after DSP signed her exclusively. According to Korea Herald, she will undergo extensive training under DSP before her debut. She is also a former participant of Kara Project.
- Rainbow Pixie
- Rainbow Blaxx
- Park Jong Chan 3
3 On April 18, 2013, DSP Media announced that actor Park Jun-gyu's sons Park Jong Chan(22) and Park Jong Hyuk(15) join DSP Media. Park Jong Chan will be preparing for his debut as an actor while his younger brother Park Jong Hyuk has entered training to hone his musical talent. Park Jong Hyuk previously appeared on 'Star King' where he impressed viewers with his drumming skills and also earned a peck on the cheek from SECRET's Sunhwa on the retired show 'Bouquet', while Park Jong Chan has been building up his acting experience through short films and plays.
- Song Chan Ik 3
- Mathew Kim (former Kpop Star contestant)
- Sobangcha (1987-1996)
- ZAM (1992-1995)
- CO CO (1994-1995)
- MUE (1994-1999)
- IDOL (1995-1997)
- Mountain (1996-?)
- Sechs Kies (1997-2000)
- Kim Hyu Soo (1997-?)
- Fin.K.L (1998-2005)
- Click-B (1999-2006)
- Uhm Ji Sun (2000-?)
- Lee Hyori (2002-2006)
- Shyne (2004-2007)
- SS501 (2005-2010)
- Sunha (2007-2009)
- Kim Sung Hee (2007-2008)
- Nicole Jung (2007-2014)
- Kang Jiyoung (2008-2014)
- A'st1 (2008-2009)
- SS501 Trio (2008-2010)
- Jung Hye Won (2010-?)
- Puretty (2012-2014)
- Jang Jisoo (now under Kant Entertainment as a member of Swincle)
- Lee Donguk (now under Orange Entertainment as a member of DNT)
- Goo Hye-sun (now an actress under YG Entertainment)
- Lee Gi-kwang (now under Cube Entertainment as a member of B2ST)
- Ahn Jaehyo (now under Seven Seasons as a member of Block B)
- Moon JoonYoung (Lee Hoo) (now Star Empire Entertainment as a member of ZE:A)
- Son Dambi (now a solo singer under Pledis Entertainment)
- Shim Hyun Kyung (now a member of Chinese group i Me)
- NS Yoon-G (now under JTM Entertainment)
- Hong Jinyoung (now under Core Contents Media)
- Hwang Park Kyung (Left due to stress and other personal problems in early 2010; was originally a trainee to debut with A-Jax)
- Ga Jin (now under EC Ebenezer as a member of S the ONE)
- Han Kyu Wan (was a trainee to debut with SS501 but failed because of some issues, also was a former trainee under S.M. Entertainment and was to debut with EXO but plans fell because he was still in military service)
- Woo Hyemi (Contestant on "The Voice of Korea", entered top four in semi-finals; was originally a trainee to debut with KARA)
- Sihyun (now under B2M Entertainment as a member of Spica)
- Kang Minhee (now under Brand New Music as a member of Miss $)
- Siyoon (now under NEW PLANET entertainment as a member of A-PRINCE)
- Taeha (now under Core Contents Media as a member of SPEED)
- Seon Joo-ah (now an actress)
- Lee Ji-hoon (1998) (now an actor)
- Lee Joonmo (trained under DSP Media director)
- Beak seung do (1995) ( now an actor)
- Ahn Sojin (Baby KARA member, committed suicide on February 24th, 2015)
- Emergency Act 19 (Film, 2002)
- Drama Three Leaf Clover (SBS, 2005)
- My girl (SBS, 2005)
- She (SBS, 2006)
- Yeon Gae So Mun (SBS, 2006)
- Surgeon Bong Dal Hee (SBS, 2007)
- Bad couple (SBS, 2007)
- Heartbreak Library (Film, 2008)
- Queen of Housewives (MBC, 2009)
- "UNIVERSAL SIGMA - ARTIST LIST". Universal Sigma. Universal Music LLC.
- "DSP to Unveil New Girl Group April in 2015". interest.me.
- Yoo, Ji-yoon (December 9, 2013). "손유지, 데뷔 전부터 실시간 검색어 장악 "DSP와 전속계약 체결" (Son Yu-ji, keeping control before her debut, signs exclusive contract with DSP)". Korea Herald. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- (Korean) DSP Media official homepage - Korea
- (Japanese) DSP Media official homepage - Japan
- DSP Media on Twitter
- DSP Media's channel on YouTube