|City of license||Pasig City|
|Broadcast area||Mega Manila, surrounding areas|
|Branding||97.9 Home Radio|
|First air date||1998 (test broadcast)
2000 (as Home Radio)
March 17, 2014 (as Home Radio Natural)
April 20, 2014 (as Natural)
November 3, 2014 (as Home Radio Natural)
|Former callsigns||DWCD-FM (1986–1997)|
|Owner||Aliw Broadcasting Corporation|
DWQZ (97.9 FM), branded as 97.9 Home Radio is the radio station broadcasting CHR music format. It is owned and operated by Aliw Broadcasting Corporation and Insular Broadcasting Systems in the Philippines. Its studios are located at 5th Floor, Citystate Centre, #709 Shaw Blvd., Brgy. Oranbo, Pasig City.
97dot9 Home Radio (2000-2014)
Home Radio followed an easy listening program format. This format was introduced in 2000 by its Program Director, Nestor De Guzman Doria. This format was an immediate success, increasing Home Radio's ratings and earning the title "#1 Easy Listening Station" in Metro Manila in a matter of 6 Months.
This format was then adapted and implemented to the provincial stations. However, some of them shifted to CHR-orriented. Aside from its easy listening format during Weekdays, it carried CHR-oriented programming during Sundays via VHS (Variety Hits Sunday).
Home Radio was fully automated from its inception, with canned spiels & liners, with the first fully automated DJ Jackie (Lannie Chan, introduced last October 16, 2006), & veteran DJ Rick Spade (Frederick Billano) as its Production Specialist. Until 2009, when it recruited female (and later, male) DJs on board, following the less talk, more music style.
On February 28, 2014, after 14 years, Home Radio bade goodbye to its former easy listening format in favor of its current Hot AC, Top-40 and OPM music.
On March 17, 2014, after 14 years on air as an easy-listening station, Home Radio and its provincial stations underwent reformat to a Hot AC-Top 40 hybrid station. Marco Avocado was the first DJ on board. Former DM 955, Kool 106, Star FM & Yes FM DJ & current DWIZ assistant program director/DWIZ Official Voice/DWIZ announcer Bryan "Idol T-Bowne" Quitoriano is now the station manager of 97.9 Home Radio Natural Manila and Operations Manager for Home Radio Network.
After the Holy Week, the management of the station decided to retire the "Home Radio" brand and retain its slogan (but the "Home Radio" brand still heard on the stingers until June 2014). It also changed the nomenclature of the frequency occupied (for instance, "ninety-seven-dot-nine" was changed in favor of "ninety-seven-point-nine"). On July 3, 2014, the station was finally rebranded as Natural 97.9, just in time for the launching of the newest evening radio show of Duncan Ramos and Jimmy Bondoc. On August 2014, Natural 97.9 had just switched directions from Hot AC-Top 40 hybrid station to a full-fledged Top 40 station and changed its language into English/Taglish. On November 2014, the brand "Home Radio", which was retired after the Holy Week, was returned as a secondary brand.
On November 17, 2014, the station reverted the name back as 97.9 Home Radio Natural!, but the format is still the same with the nomenclature of the frequency occupied "ninety-seven-point-nine".
- Juan Banana (Mario Ubaldo, formerly Jack, Tommy Tambay/Matthew Dancer of Love Radio Legaspi, Mister Love of Love Radio Naga, Super Mario of MOR Naga, Mighty Mario of Star FM Legaspi, Jimbo Rock of Star FM Naga & Jimmy Nerd of 90.7 DWDA)
- Rico Mango (Frederick Billano, formerly Rick Spade)
- Adam Apple (?, formerly Bobcat)
- Marco Avocado (Andru Maranan, formerly Kristoff)
- Braggy Orange (Braggy Litonua Braganza, formerly Braggy of Campus Radio 97.1 WLS-FM, Barako Jones of Barangay LS 97.1 and MMDA Traffic Radio 1206, also announcer for DZSR Sports Radio 918kHz and current network voice-over of PTV-4)
- Jake Fruit (Marc Anthony Lim, formerly Marc Mackerel of 97.1 OKFM and FOX 89.9 Legazpi)
- Duncan Ramos
- Jimmy Bondoc
- Honey Berry (Joan Denise Castor, formerly Dani)
- Candy Grapes (Grace Purugganan, formerly Toni)
- Lucy Lemon (Avegail Devierte, formerly Louie, now host of Radyo Klinika on DWIZ)
- Pam Pomelo (Jelly Soriano, formerly Alex, now with Wish 1075 as Jelly Kiss)
- Maya Papaya (Erica Honrado, formerly DJ Maja Rotcha of 91.5 Big Radio & DJ Eric of 102.7 Star FM, now with UNTV 37)
- The Breakfast Show - Hosted by Juan Banana and Pineapple Joe; Weekdays, 5am-9am.
- Braggy Bunch Show - Hosted by Braggy Orange; Weekdays, 9am-12nn.
- The R&B Show: Ramos and Bondoc - Hosted by Duncan Ramos and Jimmy Bondoc; Weekdays, 5pm-8pm.
- Saturday Fun Machine - Hosted by Braggy Orange; Saturdays, 11am-3pm.
Home Radio stations
|97.9 Home Radio Manila||DWQZ||97.9 MHz||25 kW||Mega Manila|
|94.3 Home Radio Palawan||DWQP||94.3 MHz||10 kW||Puerto Princesa, Palawan|
|95.1 Home Radio Naga||DWQJ||95.1 MHz||10 kW||Naga|
|92.3 Home Radio Legaspi||DWQA||92.3 MHz||10 kW||Legaspi|
|106.7 Home Radio Cebu||DYQC||106.7 MHz||20 kW||Cebu|
|89.5 Home Radio Iloilo||DYQN||89.5 MHz||10 kW||Iloilo|
|98.7 Home Radio Davao||DXQM||98.7 MHz||10 kW||Davao|
|93.5 Home Radio Cagayan De Oro||DXQR||93.5 MHz||10 kW||Cagayan De Oro|
|98.3 Home Radio General Santos||DXQS||98.3 MHz||10 kW||General Santos|