|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
DYNAMIXEL (DXL) is a line-up high performance networked actuators for robots developed by a Korean manufacturer ROBOTIS. ROBOTIS is also the developer and manufacturer for OLLO, Bioloid and DARwIn-OP DXL is being used by numerous companies, universities, and hobbyist due to its versatile expansion capability, powerful feedback functions, position, speed, internal temperature, input voltage, etc... and its simply daisy chain topology for simplified wiring connections. The RoboPlus software is available free to the public for use with the DXLs, and can be found on the ROBOTIS Download Page 
DXL can be used for multi-joint robot systems such as robotic arms, robotic hand, bi-pedal robot, hexapod robot, snake robot, scorpions, pan tilts, kinematic art, animatronics and automation, etc...
- The Bioloid which was made around the AX-12A has been used by the US Navy for their Mechanical engineering courses and the US Air Force as well.
- The DARwIn-OP was made around the MX-28 and is supported by $1.2 million NSF grant  and has been distributed to over 14 institutions already.
Drivers for the DXL has been released by ROS.
|Dynamixel||Stall Torque (Nm)||Position Sensor (Resolution)||Network I/F||Motor||Gear Ratio (Material)|
|AX-12W||N/A||Potentiometer 300/1024||TTL||Cored Motor||1:32(empla)|
|AX-12A||1.5 at 12V||Potentiometer 300/1024||TTL||Cored Motor||1:254(empla)|
|AX-18A||1.8 at 12V||Potentiometer 300/1024||TTL||Coreless Motor||1:254(empla)|
|MX-28||2.5 at 12V||Contactless Absolute Encoder 360/4096||TTL/RS485||Maxon Motor||1:193(metal)|
|RX-24F||2.6 at 12V||Potentiometer 300/1024||RS485||Coreless Motor||1:193(metal)|
|RX-28||3.7 at 18.5V||Potentiometer 300/1024||RS485||Maxon Motor||1:193(metal)|
|MX-64||6 at 12V||Contactless Absolute Encoder 360/4096||TTL/RS485||Maxon Motor||1:200(metal)|
|RX-64||5.3 at 18.5V||Potentiometer 300/1024||RS485||Maxon Motor||1:200(metal)|
|MX-106||8.4 at 12V||Contactless Absolute Encoder 360/4096||TTL/RS485||Maxon Motor||1:225(metal)|
|EX-106+||10.9 at 18.5V||Magnetic Encoder 251/4096||RS485||Maxon Motor||1:184(metal)|
- MX64/MX-106 have current based torque control and PID control gain features.
- ::: Robotis :::
- :::ROBOTIS::: - RoboPlus v22.214.171.124 (Dec. 26, 2011) - ENG Version
- NTU bime - snake robot project - YouTube
- Younseal Eum - Home
- US Navy Academy to Acquire 50 Robotis Bioloid Humanoid Robot Kits from KumoTek
- "Me And My Robot Page 2 of 2". Forbes.com. 2011-05-23. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- Author Name: Dennis Hong (2011-05-12). "Robotis DARwIn-OP Raises The Bar | Robot Magazine - The latest hobby, science and consumer robotics, artificial intelligence". Find.botmag.com. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- Drivers for dynamixel motors released - ROS robotics news
- Guillermo Cornejo L. - Grupo Fidalex. "RoboCup Mexico 2012". Robocup2012.org. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- FIRA (2011-11-22). "FIRA News - [NOTICE] Special offer for FIRA teams". Fira.net. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- Official website (English) (Japanese) (Korean)