Plattsburgh (Amtrak station)
Station building, view from the tracks
|Address||Bridge & Dock Streets
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2013)||13,405 6.1%|
D & H Railroad Complex
Map of the United States
|Location||Plattsburg, New York, USA|
|Area||18 acres (7.3 ha)|
|Architectural style||Late Victorian|
|MPS||Plattsburgh City MRA|
|NRHP Reference #||82001102|
|Added to NRHP||November 12, 1982|
Plattsburgh is a train station in Plattsburgh, New York served by Amtrak, the national railroad passenger system. Two trains, one in each direction, serve Plattsburgh daily, taking passengers north towards Montreal and south towards New York City on the Adirondack line.
Plattsburgh Station was opened in 1886, previously used as a Delaware and Hudson Railway Depot, and was designed with French Provincial style. It has been listed under the National Register of Historic Places since November 12, 1982. Currently Amtrak only uses a small office downstairs at track level while the above space holds law offices, a media production business, and financial investment offices.
- Existing Railroad Stations in New York State (Clinton County)
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, State of New York" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- Plattsburg Station (PLB): Great American Stations (Amtrak)
- Clinton County Listings at the National Register of Historic Places
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Plattsburgh Amtrak Station.|
- Amtrak – Stations – Plattsburgh, NY
- Plattsburgh Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Plattsburg Depot (Bridge Line Historical Society)
- Plattsburg Station (Existing Railroad Stations in New York State)
- Clinton County Listings at National Register of Historic Places
|This New York train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|