The DA! collective was an art collective who squatted a townhouse at in Mayfair, Westminster, Greater London in October 2008. The property, at 18 Upper Grosvenor Street, is a 30-room grade II-listed 1730s mansion worth an estimated £6.25 million owned by the billionaire Duke of Westminster, Britain's wealthiest private landlord. The collective changed the locks on the property.
|“||Who we are is not important. As a collective we have 'squatted' an empty, dilapidated building in Mayfair ... We are making this place live through the exchange of knowledge and ideas.||”|
The Da! collective is made up of a dozen teenagers, students, and artists. They have been acclaimed as winners of "the National Squattery" by The Sun. The collective claim a squatters' portfolio worth over £100 million.
- Pidd, Helen (2008-11-07). "Group of teenagers and artists called Da! collective take over multimillion-pound building | Society | The Guardian". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- Harris, Paul. "The £6million squatters: Artist gang flies the black flag of anarchy over Mayfair mansion | Mail Online". Mail On Sunday. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- Blacker, Terence (2008-11-08). "Squatters take over £6m Mayfair house - Home News, UK - The Independent". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- Tibbetts, Graham (2008-11-08). "Squatters turn £6.25 million townhouse into anarchist commune - Telegraph". London: Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- From correspondents in London (November 9, 2008). "Da! collective squatters live it up in $14m Mayfair mansion | Herald Sun". News.com.au. Retrieved 2008-12-09.[dead link]
- Case, Philip (2008-11-08). "Dossers trash £6million mansion | The Sun |News". London: Thesun.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- "Rebel Artists Raid Multi-Million Pound London Mansions | BitterWallet". Bitterwallet.com. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
|This article about an organisation in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This London-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|