|Also known as||Da Grass Roots Music|
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Canadian hip hop|
|Instruments||Sampler, keyboard, turntable|
|Labels||Black Employed Records, Conception Records|
Da Grassroots are a Canadian hip-hop production team from Toronto, Ontario, composed of Mr. Attic, Mr. Murray, and Swiff. The Juno Award-winning group contributed to the development of Toronto hip hop throughout the 1990s, highlighted by the release of their debut album Passage Through Time in 1999.
After the underground success of their album, each member began working on various solo projects. Mr. Attic co-founded Choice Cut Records, Mr. Murray produced for LAL, and Swiff produced for artists on the group's Black Employed Records.
- Passage Through Time (1999)
- "Drama" feat. Elemental (1995)
- "Price of Livin'" feat. Mr. Roam (1999)
- "Thematics" feat. Arcee (1999)
- "Body Language" feat. Choclair and Saukrates (2000)
(Not including songs from Passage Through Time or Mr. Attic's solo production credits.)
- "Certified", "Certified (Remix)", "Dungeon", "Mista Crack Ed" – Ghetto Concept
- "Deifitrec" – Ghetto Concept
- "No Dingbats Allowed" – Dream Warriors
- "E-Z on tha Motion" – Ghetto Concept
- "Ninty Sixness" – Diemen X (produced by Swiff)
- "Who's Talking Weight (Remix)" – Red Life (produced by Swiff)
- "Ice Cold" – Choclair
- "Ever Since (Da Grassroots Remix)" – Maestro
Awards and nominations
- 1995 Juno Awards
- Best Rap Recording for "Certified" (Won)
- 1996 Juno Awards
- Best Rap Recording for "E-Z on tha Motion" (Won)
- Best Rap Recording for "Drama" (Nominated)
- Canadian Hip Hop: Choclair - Eyes On the Prize: Turning Northern Touch Into Midas Touch Exclaim!. Accessed on December 9, 2008.
- Choice Cut Records ChoiceCutRecords.com. Accessed on December 9, 2008.