Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Arbaaz Khan|
|Produced by||Arbaaz Khan
Malaika Arora Khan
|Written by||Shahrukh Siddiqu |
|Studio||Arbaaz Khan Productions|
|Distributed by||Arbaaz Khan Productions|
|Running time||120 minutes|
|Budget||45 crore (US$7.2 million)(production cost)15 crore (US$2.4 million)(marketing-P&A-prints cost)[b 1]|
|Box office||251 crore (US$40 million)|
Dabangg 2 is a 2012 Bollywood action comedy directed and produced by Arbaaz Khan under the banner of Arbaaz Khan Productions. It's a sequel to the 2010 film Dabangg and is written by Dilip Shukla. The story is set in the city of Kanpur. The film features Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha reprising their roles from the previous film, whilst Prakash Raj plays the antagonist.
Development of the project commenced after the release of Dabangg. Filming began on 9 March 2012 at Kamalistan Studios in Mumbai and it released on 21 December 2012. The first look poster was unveiled on 8 November 2012 whilst the theatrical trailer was premiered on 10 November 2012, on Khan's reality show Bigg Boss 6. The film received mixed to negative reviews from critics in India and negative reviews from critics overseas. The film opened strongly upon release and went on to break the three-day record set by Ek Tha Tiger by netting around 58.26 crore (US$9.3 million) in India. Dabangg 2 has become fifth highest-grossing Bollywood film of all time in India and worldwide. Dabangg 2 is the second-highest grossing Hindi film of 2012 after Ek Tha Tiger.[b 2] [b 3] Box Office India declared the film a "blockbuster" in India after its first week[b 4] and a "Superhit" overseas.[b 5] The film grossed 278 crore (US$44 million) worldwide. This film was nominated for Golden Kela Awards for worst film and The Ghanta Awards for worst actor alongside Son of Sardar.
The story carries on from the previous film— Inspector Chulbul Pandey (Salman Khan)— in charge of a local police station in Kanpur and resides there with his wife Rajjo (Sonakshi Sinha), brother Makkhi (Arbaaz Khan) and stepfather (Vinod Khanna). In Kanpur, an assassin murders a witness; about to testify against a dreaded don. Chulbul tracks the assassin down; killing him at a coffeehouse. The don is Bachcha (Prakash Raj), a struggling politician. After several public altercations, Bachcha's brother Genda (Deepak Dobriyal) convinces him to get rid of Pandey; threatening Chulbul's stepfather to kill his entire family if Chulbul keeps on interfering in Bachcha's criminal activities.
Genda harasses a girl; arriving at her wedding to kidnap her. Chulbul arrives at the wedding; asks Genda to leave. Genda refuses to comply; going on insulting Chulbul. Chulbul breaks his neck, leading to his death. In the meantime his wife gets pregnant, Pandey being adviced by everybody to leave Bachcha alone for the sake of his family's safety. Bachcha, promising to avenge his brother's death decides to do so before the election. He interrogates Rajjo and Makkhi. Makkhi is shot by Bachcha and Rajjo is pushed off the temple stairs. However both of them survives with Rajjo having a miscarriage and head injury.
Chulbul is enraged on the loss of his first child. He enters Bachcha's location and kills all of his men. He tries to arrest Bachcha, but when Bachcha tries to tease him, he kills him instantly by grabbing a gun and shooting him with 2 bullets in the chest. Later on Chulbul and Rajjo have another first child... A baby boy!.Then right at the end Chedi Singh's Photographer arrives asking for a family photo but they all laugh and the photographer takes the picture.
- Salman Khan as Chulbul Pandey
- Sonakshi Sinha as Rajjo Pandey
- Arbaaz Khan as Makhanchand "Makkhi" Pandey
- Vinod Khanna as Prajapati Pandey
- Mahi Gill as Nirmala Pandey
- Prakash Raj as Thakur Bachcha Singh
- Nikitin Dheer as Chunni
- Deepak Dobriyal as Genda
- Gireesh Sahedev as Inspector Siddique
- Manoj Pahwa as Commissioner
- Flora Asha Saini in a cameo
- Sandeepa Dhar as Anjali
- Malaika Arora Khan in a special appearance in song "Pandeyji Seeti"
- Kareena Kapoor Khan in a special appearance in song "Fevicol Se"
- Rashami Desai in cameo appearance in song "Dagabaaz Re"
- Nandish Sandhu in cameo appearance in song "Dagabaaz Re"
- Tinu Anand as master in special appearance
- Manoj Joshi as a shopkeeper in special appearance
- Nitesh Pandey as doctor in special appearance
After the Rajjo Bahbise their parts in the sequel.[d 1] Her main look was also taken from the first and consisted of a yellow saree, a long plait with flowers in her hair.[d 2] When director Abhinav Kashyap opted out of directing the sequel, Arbaaz Khan himself jumped in as the film's director.[d 3] Prakash Raj was confirmed to have been chosen to play the main villain.[d 4] Kareena Kapoor has been roped in to play an item number in the film,[d 5][d 6] despite initial reports considering Katrina Kaif for the role.[d 7]
In Feb 2012,it was reported that distribution rights were sold to UTV Motion Pictures for a price of 140 crore, the highest for a Bollywood film till date.[d 8] But later UTV Motion Pictures reported the news as completely fake & nonsense. UTV Motion Pictures has brushed aside rumours of purchasing the rights of the sequel to Salman Khan-Sonakshi Sinha starrer, Dabangg 2 for 140 crore.[d 9] The national emblem framed on the wall of Chulbul Pandey's police station was depicted incorrectly. Sensitive to the slightest abnormality pertaining to national sentiments, the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has asked producer-director Arbaaz Khan to simply blur the corner of the film's frames where the national emblem appears.[d 10]
Shooting for the film began in March 2012.[f 1] The producers announced plans to shoot the film in Kanpur.[f 2] A set depicting the city of Kanpur was created at the Kamalistan Studios in Mumbai, where the first schedule of the film was shot.[f 3] The entire studio was rented for the film, making it a first in Bollywood.[f 4] The phase consisted of shooting a qawwali song under neon lights.[f 5] Following the shoot, filming is expected to take place in film city in Mumbai. The last schedule has been planned to be shot at Satara.[f 3] Three days after the film went on floors, it was reported that Salman Khan replaced cinematographer, K. K. Senthil Kumar, with Aseem Kumar.[f 6] A song titled "Fevicol" was choreographed as a dance number and considered as an equivalent to "Munni Badnaam Hui" from Dabangg.[f 7] Reports indicating that Salman would essay an important involvement in the director's role were dismissed by Arbaaz.[f 8]
|Territories and ancillary revenues||Price|
|Satellite rights with a TV channel||50 crore (US$8.0 million)|
|Overseas & home video rights with Eros International||25 crore (US$4.0 million)|
|Audio rights||10 crore (US$1.6 million)|
|Total||85 crore (US$14 million)|
- The figures don't include the Print and Advertising (P&A) costs.
|Soundtrack album by Sajid-Wajid|
|Released||November 15, 2012|
The soundtrack was composed by the music director-duo of Sajid-Wajid while the lyrics were penned by Jalees Sherwani, Irfan Kamal & Sameer. There is an item song named "Fevicol Se" featuring Kareena Kapoor.
|1.||"Dagabaaz Re"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Shreya Ghoshal, Shadab Faridi||4:47|
|2.||"PandeyJee Seeti"||Mamta Sharma, Wajid, Shreya Ghoshal||4:17|
|3.||"Fevicol Se"||Mamta Sharma, Wajid, Keerthi Sagathia||4:49|
|4.||"Saanson Ne"||Sonu Nigam, Tulsi Kumar||4:49|
|5.||"Dabangg Reloaded"||Sukhwinder Singh||4.05|
|6.||"PandeyJee Seeti Remix"||Mamta Sharma, Wajid, Shreya Ghoshal||4:29|
|7.||"Fevicol Se Remix"||Mamta Sharma, Wajid||4:17|
|8.||"Dabangg Reloaded Remix"||Sukhwinder Singh||4:04|
Chulbul Pandey, Khan's character in Dabangg 2 appeared in STAR Plus soap Diya Aur Baati Hum to promote the film. It aired on 12 and 13 December 2012.[m 1][m 2] Salman and Sonakshi promoted the film on the sets of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. Dabangg 2 was screened at the Ketnav theatre in Khar, a western Mumbai suburb, on December 17, 2012.[m 3][m 4][m 5][m 6][m 7] A Dabangg 2 special screening was done for the star kids on December 19, 2012.[m 8] Another premiere was held on 20 December 2012 in which Aamir Khan also attended.[m 9]
Dabangg 2 released in 3700 screens in India and 450 screens overseas on 21 December 2012.[re 1][re 2][b 6] The film was made on a budget of 60 crore (US$9.6 million) including prints and advertising. This figure does not include Salman Khan's fee which can go as high as the budget of the film itself. Dabangg 2 had the highest screen count for any film in India and worldwide, surpassing that of Ek Tha Tiger. The trailers for Kai Po Che! and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag were released with Dabangg 2.[re 3][re 4]
Chief judicial magistrate (CJM), Muzaffarpur has ordered to lodge an FIR against seven artists of Dabangg 2, including Salman Khan, Arbaaz Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha and others under Section 156 (clause 3) of the CrPC and submit a report within a week in connection with a complaint filed against a song "Fevicol...." in Hindi movie Dabangg 2. The complainant filed the case demanding a ban on the song immediately, claiming that such songs are likely to fuel sexual harassment and misbehaviour against girls at a time when the entire nation was experiencing an unprecedented shame due to the recent gang rape and death of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi.
Dabangg 2 received mixed reviews from critics in India and mixed reviews from critics overseas.
Dabangg 2 received mostly mixed reviews from critics in India. Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave the film 4 out of 5 stars and said "Dabangg 2 has Salman Khan, Salman Khan and Salman Khan plus entertainment, entertainment and entertainment in large doses".[r 1] Resham Sengar of Zee TV rated the film 3.5 out of 5 stars, noting "But the actor cum director has kept the standards of the film intact like a pro. So much so that it was hard to believe that a newbie in film making has directed the film. So, go on and book your ticket to enjoy this paisa vasool film with your friends and family and don’t forget to grab a tub of popcorn".[r 2] Srijana Mitra Das of The Times of India gave the film 3.5 out of 5 stars and praised the overall style.[r 3] Mid-Day gave it 3 out of 5 stars and said the film was a treat for diehard Salman Khan fans.[r 4] Rubina Khan of First Post India gave the film 3 out of 5 stars and said it didn't matter what score she gave the film, it would still do great business.[r 5] Filmfare stated "Dabangg 2 is a fanboy's dream and wouldn't disappoint the first comer either".[r 6]
Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV gave the film a score 2.5 out of 5 stars reviewing "This film might also end up raking in a much larger box office booty than Dabangg did, but assessed strictly as a pure entertainer designed for instant mass gratification, it isn’t half as successful. Unfortunately, the Dabangg 2 screenplay is devoid of any fresh ideas".[r 7] Gaurav Malani, also from The Times of India gave the film a mixed review and recommended skipping it by "watching reruns of Dabangg on television".[r 8] Raja Sen of Rediff gave it 2.5 out of 5 stars and felt Dabangg 2 was less unwatchable than its predecessor and it had "absolutely nothing new to offer, and nothing to remember, quote or take away from the theatre".[r 9] The Indian Express rated the film 2.5 out of 5 stars and said "Arbaaz should have given himself some more time" to make the film watchable.[r 10] Stardust publishers Manga gave the film 2.5 out of 5 stars also calling it a "one-time watch potboiler".[r 11] Anupama Chopra of the Hindustan Times gave the film 2.5 out of 5 stars and said Dabangg 2 does not match "the zing of the original" and "there wasn't one line that stayed with me after the film".[r 12] Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN gave the film 2.5 out of 5 stars and stated what the "film needed was personality and character, what it's left with is sameness. But that's probably enough for Salman Khan fans".[r 13]
Aniruddha Guha also of DNA India rated the film 2 out of 5 stars and called it "wannabe-Dabangg".[r 14] After giving it a 2 out of 5 stars, the Daily Bhaskar panned Dabangg 2 by saying "you'd feel like a moron spending the last day on planet Earth filling your mind and lowering your IQ with rubbish like this".[r 15] Business of Cinema gave the film 2 out of 5 stars and said it was a copy of the original and offered nothing new.[r 16] Reuters gave it a negative review and raised objections to the content and said the film "objectified women in the worst way possible".[r 17] Sanjukta Sharma from Live Mint (The Wall Street Journal) said "Dabangg 2 is a disappointment. It had nothing to keep me engaged".[r 18] Open Magazine panned the film and called it a product made for the brain dead by the brain dead.[r 19]
Dabangg 2 received mixed reviews from critics overseas. IGN gave the film 4.5 out of 10 stars and criticized the weak script and direction. Mufaddal Fakhruddin wrote "the screenplay and script is majorly lacking, and whatever story it does have is stretched out in a way that it becomes blatantly obvious. There were number of times where I went, "why did I just watch this scene?". Dabangg 2 felt lost. They say not all those who wander are lost, but Dabangg 2 actually is.[r 20] Digital Spy gave the film 2 out of 5 stars and objected to the content. Priya Joshi wrote "Khan revels in the shameless display of narcissism, but there is little to commend the performance. The dialog is trite, there is no depth to the characters and most of the effort has been applied to the elaborate fight sequences. With the emphasis on violence and the objectifying of women, it's a step back in time, where the women are either dutiful, temple-going housewives or cleavage-baring prostitutes". Joshi recommended skipping the film and added instead of watching it, we could "use the time, perhaps more wisely, pondering whether we have enough brussels for Christmas dinner".[r 21] Asian review website Wogma rated the film 1.18 out of 5 and criticized all aspects, from direction to performances by the lead actors. The reviewer broke down the rating of the film and gave "1 out of 5 for direction, 1 out of 5 for the story, 1 out of 5 for lead actors performances, 2 out of 5 for character artists, 2 out of 5 for dialogues, 1 out of 5 for screenplay, 1.5 out of 5 for the music, and 1 out of 5 for lyrics".[r 22] Simon Abrams of The Village Voice said "before they really screw up [the film], Dabangg 2's creators do a good job of not taking themselves too seriously".[r 23] Trisha Gupta from First Post International said the film was a rehash of Dabangg.[r 24] Instead of giving a review, the New York Daily Times objected to the content of the film. Quoting William Nicholas Gomes, a visiting fellow at the University of York, they said Dabangg 2 "glorified the practice of torture by police forces" and would "raise wider public support in favour of torture and ill treatment [of prisoners] in custody".[r 25]
|Zee Cine Awards||20 January 2013||Best Actor (Male)||Salman Khan||Nominated|||
|Best Actor- Male (Viewer's Choice)||Salman Khan||Won|
|Colors Screen Awards||19 January 2013||Best Actor (Male)||Salman Khan||Nominated|||
|Best Actor in a Negative Role (Male/Female)||Deepak Dobriyal|
|Promising Debut Director||Arbaaz Khan|
|Best Playback Singer (Female)||Mamta Sharma
("Fevicol", Dabangg 2)
|Best Lyrics||Sameer Anjaan
("Dagabaaz re", Dabangg 2)
|Best Dialogue||Dilip Shukla (Dabangg 2)|
|Best Choreography||Chinni Prakash ("Pandeyji seeti bajaaye", Dabangg 2)
Farah Khan ("Fevicol", Dabangg 2)
|Best Action||A Arasukumar (Dabangg 2)|
|Best Actor (Popular Choice)||Salman Khan||Won|
Dabangg 2 had an excellent opening at multiplexes and single screens.[b 7] The film netted 22 crore (US$3.5 million) on its opening day, the biggest non-holiday opener beating the previous record held by Rowdy Rathore.[b 6] On its second day however, the film witnessed a drop due to "excessive screenings and cold weather" but still collected around 18 crore (US$2.9 million).[b 8] The film's business grew on Sunday and it collected 28.50 crore (US$4.6 million), taking the first weekend total to 29.26 crore (US$4.7 million), beating the previous three-day record set by khiladi 786.[b 9][b 10] After a successful weekend, the film had a strong Monday where it made 12 crore (US$1.9 million), beating the previous record held by Dabangg.[b 11] Dabangg 2 collected around 15 crore (US$2.4 million) on Tuesday (Christmas day).[b 12][b 13] Dabangg 2 netted around 7.75 crore (US$1.2 million) on Wednesday.[b 14] The film collected 6 crore (US$960,000) on Thursday, bringing the first week total to 99 crore (US$16 million).[b 15] The film collected 20 crore (US$3.2 million) in its second weekend taking the film's collections to 119 crore (US$19 million).[b 16][b 17] The film was declared a blockbuster by Box Office India after its first week.[b 18] Dabangg 2 has collected around 32 crore (US$5.1 million) nett in five days of its second week as it grossed a huge 8 crore (US$1.3 million) crore plus on Tuesday as it was New Years Day, taking its total to 142 crore (US$23 million).[b 19] According to Box Office India, the film became the second highest grossing film of 2012 in 13 days, adding 3 crore nett on that day.[b 20] Dabangg 2 collected solid figures of 46.39 crore (US$7.4 million) nett in its second week.[b 21] After successful two weeks, the film further netted 7.50 crore (US$1.2 million) in third weekend to make a total of around 146.50 crore (US$23 million) nett.[b 22] Dabangg 2 collected a good figure of 28.74 crore (US$4.6 million) in its third week.[b 23] It netted around 178 crore (US$28 million) nett after the completion of its theatrical run.[b 24] The final distributor share of the film in India was 94 crore (US$15 million).[b 25]
Dabangg 2 collected close to US$8.5 million overseas in its opening weekend.[b 26] The film reached $8 million overseas in 10 days and was declared a 'super-hit' by Box Office India. Dabangg 2 has taken its overseas total to around $10.25 million in 17 days and has became the third biggest overseas hit of 2012 behind Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Ek Tha Tiger, both of which earned the 'blockbuster' status overseas.[b 27][b 28] Dabangg 2 grossed around $11.75 million in its total lifetime.[b 29]
It has been reported that Dabangg 3 may be a prequel which explores the origins of Chulbul Pandey. Salman Khan confirmed via his Twitter account that Dabangg 3 will happen and will be the origin of Chulbul Pandey.
- "Dabangg 2 Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama.
- "DABANGG 2 (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "Chennai Express Crosses Ek Tha Tiger Worldwide In Ten Days". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Dabangg 2 Movie Secret Details".
- TNN Dec 21, 2012, 06.51PM IST (2012-12-21). "Flora Saini's comeback with Dabangg 2 – Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Sandeepa Dhar on sharing screen space with Salman". Mid-day.com. 2012-12-12. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Sandeepaâ€™s cameo in Dabangg 2 – Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-12-17. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Salman Khan’s 'Dabangg 2' valued at 180 crores". The Times Of India. 10 December 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "CJM orders FIR against Dabangg 2 cast". Times of India. 2013-01-03. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- "Nominations for Zee Cinema Awards 2013". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "Colors Screen Awards Winners". Colors Screen Awards. 12 January 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Salman Khan's Dabangg 3 to be a prequel". Hindustan Times. 2012-12-13. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Sonakshi Sinha gets Hotter in Dabangg 2". International Reporter. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "I love acting as a job: Sonakshi Sinha". Indian Express. 14 April 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- IANS (3 March 2011). "It's official! Arbaaz Khan to direct Dabangg 2". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- Indo-Asian News Service (27 October 2011). "Prakash Raj main villain of Dabangg 2: Arbaaz". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Dabangg 2: Kareena to play the new Munni". Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Kareena is Salman’s new item girl for Dabangg 2. The Teaser on release 9 november with salman khan's Bigg Boss and The trailer will release 10th november amd will also officially released with Jab Tak Hai Jaan. The music launch on 15th november.". 27 July 2012.
- "Katrina Kaif in Dabangg 2?". Dainik Bhaskar. 19 March 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- Meena Iyer (6 February 2010). ""Dabangg 2" sold for 140 cr". Times of India. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- NDTV (7 February 2012). "UTV denies buying Dabangg 2 rights". NDTV. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "National emblem to be blurred in Dabangg 2 scenes". Movies.ndtv.com. 2012-12-20. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Salman-Sonakshi shooting for Dabangg 2 in March 2012". Oneindia.in. 18 October 2011. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- Sumit Jha (20 January 2012). "Chulbul Pandey in Kanpur?". Times of India. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "Kanpur recreated in Mumbai for Dabangg 2". Indian Express. 9 March 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Salman begins shooting for Dabangg 2". NDTV. 9 March 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Salman Khan films a Qawwali with Sonakshi Sinha for Dabangg 2". Oneindia.in. 12 April 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- Bhattacharjee, Moumita (19 March 2012). "Salman Khan sacks Dabangg 2 cinematographer Senthil Kumar". FilmiTadka. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Salman to do a dance number in Dabangg 2". International Reporter. 22 April 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- Subhash K Jha, Mumbai Mirror (7 April 2012). "Dabangg 2 is my baby: Arbaaz Khan". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "After Aamir & SRK, Salman to be part of ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’". daily.bhaskar.com. 2012-12-06. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- 5.00 PM IST 12.08.2012. "Diya Aur Baati Hum: Salman Khan to meet Suraj-Sandhya to promote Dabangg 2 – Bollywood News & Gossip, Movie Reviews, Trailers & Videos at". Bollywoodlife.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "PIX: Stars At The Dabangg 2 Screening – Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2012-12-18. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Arbaaz Khan & others at 'Dabangg 2' screening | Bollywood Photos | Celebrity Photos | Actor & Actress Photos | Celebrity Photo Shoot". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "DABANGG 2: 3 Days To Go, Family Attends Screening". Businessofcinema.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- Manav Manglani. "Dabangg 2 Special Screening". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Bollywood celebrities at 'Dabangg 2' screening: Movies News Photos-IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "'Dabangg 2' special screening: Star kids watch it ahead of the country: Movies News Photos-IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2012-12-19. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "PIX: Salman, Aamir, Sonakshi at Dabangg 2 premiere – Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2012-12-21. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "B.O. update: 'Dabangg 2' all set to create history!". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Salman Khanâ€™s â€˜Dabangg 2â€™ Set for Thunderous Opening; Will It be Biggest Blockbuster of All Time? – International Business Times". Ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Kai Po Che' trailer to be released with Salman Khan's 'Dabanng 2". IBNLive. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "'Bhaag Milkha...', 'Kai Po Che' trailers to go with 'Dabangg 2' – Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-12-18. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- Critical Reception
- Taran Adarsh. "Dabangg 2 Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- Resham Sengar. "Dabangg 2 Review". Zee TV. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 movie review – Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-12-21. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Movie review: 'Dabangg 2' – Kung fu Pandey in action". Mid-day.com. 2012-12-21. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- Rubina A Khan (2012-12-21). "Movie Review: Dabangg 2 should have been titled Chulbul Pandey!". Firstpost. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Movie Review Dabangg 2: Kung Fu Pandey rules!". filmfare.com. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Saibal Chatterjee review". ndtv. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Malani, Gaurav. "Dabangg 2: reboot over a sequel – The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Raja Sen review". Rediff.com. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Review: Dabangg 2". Indian Express. 2012-12-21. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- '+relativeTime_tweet(this.created_at)+' (2012-12-21). "Dabangg 2 – Film Review". Magnamags.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Anupama Chopra's review: Dabangg 2". Hindustan Times. 2012-12-21. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Same old, same old! | Rajeev Masand – movies that matter : from bollywood, hollywood and everywhere else". Rajeevmasand.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Aniruddha Guha review: Dabangg 2: Wannabe-Dabangg – Entertainment – DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2012-12-21. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- Movie review: Dabangg 2
- "REVIEW: Arbaaz Khan's 'Dabangg 2' Doesnt Live Up To Abhinav Kashyap's 'Dabangg'". Businessofcinema.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "MOVIE REVIEW – Dabangg 2: A sequel that doesn't take it forward". In.mobile.reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- Sanjukta Sharma (2012-12-21). "Film Review | Dabangg 2". Livemint. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- Also by Ajit Duara (2012-12-22). "Dabangg 2". OPEN Magazine. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- Mufaddal Fakhruddin. "Dabangg 2 Review". IGN. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- Published Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 5:47am EST (2012-12-22). "'Dabangg 2' review: 'A testosterone-fuelled Salman Khan fest' – Bollywood Review – Digital Spy". M.digitalspy.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Dabangg 2 – Review". Wogma.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- Abrams, Simon (2012-12-19). "Dabangg 2 – Page 1 – Movies – New York". Village Voice. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- Movie Review: In Dabangg 2, Salman stuck to old tics Fevicol se
- "Dabangg 2 promotes torture: William Nicholas Gomes – NY Daily News | NewsCred SmartWire". India.nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- Box office
- "Will Dabangg 2 Beat The All time Record Of Three Idiots?". Boxofficeindia.Com. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Is Third Film To Hit 100 Crore.It was nominated for Golden Kela Awards and Ghanta Awards for worst actor alongside 'Son Of Sardar'. Worldwide". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Top Ten All Time Worldwide Grossers". Boxofficeindia.Com. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Dabangg 2 Emerges Blockbuster". Boxofficeindia.Com. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Is blockbuster Overseas". Boxofficeindia.Com. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 First Day Business". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Day One Territorial Breakdown". Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Second Day Business". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Has Strong Sunday". Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Boxofficeindia.com". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Dabangg 2 Has Strong Monday". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Collects 15 Crore On Christmas Day". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Five Day Comparision: Dabangg 2 v Ek Tha Tiger". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Five Day Comparision: Dabangg 2 v Ek Tha Tiger". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Has Excellent First Week". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Has 21 Crore Nett Second Weekend". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Down On Second Friday". boxofficeindia. 29 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Emerges Flop". Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Set For Biggest Second Week Of 2012". Box Office India. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Boxofficeindia.com". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- "Dabangg 2 Week Two Territorial Breakdown". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 7 January 2011.
- "Dabangg 2 Has 9.50 Crore Third Weekend". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Week Three Territorial Breakdown". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Is Salman Khan One Of The Biggest Stars Of All Time?". Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- "Final Distributor Shares 2012: Top Twenty". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "Dabangg 2 Has $8.5 Million Opening Weekend Overseas". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Crosses $12 Million Overseas". Box Office India. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Dabangg 2 Is SUPER HIT Overseas". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola Has $1 Million Opening". Box Office India. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- Dabangg 2 at Box Office Mojo
- Dabangg 2 at Bollywoodhungama.com
- Dabangg 2 at the Internet Movie Database
- Official Dabangg 2 App