|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
|Genres||Electro house, progressive house|
|Labels||Dim Mak Records, Breastfed, Ministry of Sound Australia, Pickadoll, Southern Fried, Prestel, Musical Freedom, So Much Dada|
In 2010, Dada Life was voted #89 in DJ Magazine's annual Top 100 list of the most popular DJs. Dada Life's popularity grew over the next two years: in October 2011, they were voted #38 in DJ Magazine's Top 100, and #24 in 2012. Some of Dada's biggest hits to date include "Rolling Stones T-shirt", "Happy Violence", "Kick Out The Epic Motherf*cker", "Unleash the F*cking Dada", "White Noise / Red Meat", "Feed The Dada" and their remixes of "Dynasty" and "Llove" by Kaskade (feat. Haley), "Big Bad Wolf" by Duck Sauce, "Who Is Ready To Jump" by Chuckie, and "Prutataaa" by Afrojack and R3hab. Dada Life frequently headlines at North America's two largest electronic dance festivals, the Electric Daisy Carnival and Ultra Music Festival. At Electric Daisy Carnival 2011, Dada Life brought out a full marching band to perform their song "White Noise / Red Meat."
On October 26, 2013, Dada Life broke the Guinness World Record for the world's largest pillow fight at a Dada Land Compound event at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago and had 3,813 participants.
After starting a petition in early 2013 asking for the United Nations to recognize Dada Life's fictitious nation of Dada Land as a sovereign country, Dada Life were stopped from leaving Sweden and their passports were revoked temporarily as they headed to Miami for the annual Miami Music Week.
At a show at Avalon in Los Angeles in 2010 there were riots on the streets when more people showed up than the club could accommodate.
On November 23, 2013, Dada Life again were forced to cancel their Miami performance when fans broke down barricades and riot police shut down the show.
On the 16th of December 2014, Dada Life posted to their Twitter account that they had left a MacBook Pro and a pair of headphones on the subway. On the same day Facebook, Twitter and SoundCloud accounts were created with images of the pairs stolen MacBook Pro and taunts about the quality of their productions were made over several weeks.
On the 13th of January 2015 a post was made on the Dada Death Facebook account with a link to their SoundCloud stating that "Tomorrow [they are] going to release the first of many gifts." The next day a tech house remix of an unreleased track that had featured on the Dada Life Instagram account and their recent shows "Tonight We're Kids Again" was posted to the Dada Death SoundCloud Account and subsequently removed, however a copy exists on popular file host ZippyShare.
Dada Life have stated on their Facebook account that they were in talks with Stockholm's police and their lawyers and that they we're going to rush the release of "Tonight We're Kids Again" to prevent the unofficial version from gathering more attention.
Some fans and bloggers have stated however that the "Dada Death" accounts are all part of a large marketing stunt for a possible new album or at least the single "Tonight We're Kids Again".
The Rules of Dada
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2014)|
In October 2012, Dada Life released their second full-length album, The Rules of Dada. The album quickly reached #1 on the iTunes Dance charts and entered the top 10 in Canada and top 20 in the US.
In fall 2012, Dada Life embarked on a tour of the same name, visiting over 40 cities in the US and Canada, playing to over 100,000 fans and reportedly using more than 8,000 lbs of bananas and 3,000 bottles of champagne.
Dada Nation & Bananarchy
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2014)|
Prior to March 14, 2013, the duo Dada Life birthed a new nation called "Dada Land" which lays claim to any territory holding a Dada Compound event. As mentioned above, Dada Life petitioned the UN to be recognized as a sovereign nation with no avail. This act caught the attention of authorities in Sweden and on March 15, 2013, the duo's visas were seized at a Swedish airport. The conflict was eventually resolved but resulted in the duo missing planned events in Miami later that week.
On July 19, 2014 Dada Life debuted Dada Land: The Voyage, a mini-festival in San Bernardino, CA attended by over 10,000 fans where the duo arrived via hot air balloon
- 2009: Just Do the Dada
- 2010: Just Do the Dada (Extended And Remixes)
- 2012: The Rules of Dada
- 2013: The Rules of Dada (Fan Remixes)
- 2014: Born To Rage (Remixes)
|2008||"Fun Fun Fun"||—||—||12||—||Just Do the Dada|
|2009||"Happy Hands & Happy Feet"||—||—||49||—|
|"Let's Get Bleeped Tonight"||—||—||69||—|
|2010||"Tomorrow (Give In to the Night)"||—||—||16||48||Non-album single|
|2011||"Kick Out the Epic Motherfucker"||18||42||95||—||The Rules of Dada|
|"Unleash the F**king Dada"||—||—||64||—|
|2012||"Feed the Dada"||32||—||103||—|
|2013||"So Young So High"||—||—||—||—|
|"Boing Clash Boom"||—||—||—||—|
|"Born to Rage"||53||—||—||—||TBA|
|2014||"This Machine Kills Ravers"||—||—||—||—||TBA|
- "Big Time"
- "Have Triangle Every Day"
- "The Great Fashionista Swindle"
- "This Machine Kills Breakfasts"
- "We Meow, You Roar"
- "Sweeter Than Fever"
- "Your Favourite Flu"
- "Fun Fun Fun"
- "The Great Smorgasbord"
- "Cash In Drop Out"
- "Happy Hands & Happy Feet"
- "Sweet Little Bleepteen"
- "Smile You're On Dada"
- "Love Vibrations"
- "Just Bleep Me (Satisfaction)"
- "Cookies With a Smile"
- "White Noise/Red Meat"
- "Fight Club Is Closed (It's Time For Rock'n'Roll)"
- "Happy Violence"
- "Rolling Stones T-Shirt"
- "Feed The Dada"
- "Born To Rage"
- "This Machine Kills Ravers"
- "One Smile"
- "Freaks Have More Fun"
- Tonite Only - Where The Party's At (Dada Life Remix)
- Markus Lange & Daniel Dexter - Acidkids (Dada Life Remix)
- Alex Gopher - "Handguns (Dada Life Remix)"
- Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike - "Under The Water (Dada Life Remix)"
- Moonbootica - "The Ease (Dada Life Remix)"
- Moonflower & ABS - "Feel Free (Dada Life Remix)"
- Super Viral Brothers - "Hot Chocolate (Dada Life Remix)"
- Albin Myers - "Times Like These (Dada Life Remix)"
- Eric Prydz - "Pjanoo (Dada Life Guerilla Fart #7)"
- Shark & Sylvain - "Call Me (Dada Life Remix)"
- MVSEVM - "French Jeans (Dada Life Remix)"
- Young Rebels & Francesco Diaz - Damascus (Dada Life Remix)
- Erik Hassle - "Hurtful (Dada Life Remix)"
- Gravitonas - "Kites (Dada Life Remix)"
- Tim Berg - "Alcoholic (Dada Life Remix)"
- Kaskade - "Dynasty (Dada Life Remix)"
- Dan Black feat. Kid Cudi - "Symphonies (Dada Life Remix)"
- Chickenfoot - "Oh Yeah! (Dada Life Remix)"
- Kylie Minogue - "All The Lovers (Dada Life Remix)"
- Gravitonas - "Religious (Dada Life Remix)"
- Martin Solveig feat. Dragonette - "Hello (Dada Life Remix)"
- Bart Claessen - "Catch Me (Dada Life Remix)"
- Malente - "Music Forever (Dada Life Remix)"
- Boy 8-Bit - "Suspense Is Killing Me (Dada Life Guerilla Fart #5)"
- Staygold - "Video Kick Snare (Dada Life Remix)"
- Designer Drugs - "Through the Prism (Dada Life Remix)"
- Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction (Dada Life Remix)"
- Lady Gaga - "Born This Way (Dada Life Remix)"
- Hardwell - "Encoded (Dada Life Remix)"
- Mustard Pimp - "ZHM (Dada Life Remix)"
- David Guetta & Taio Cruz - "Little Bad Girl (Dada Life Guerilla Fart #13)"
- Duck Sauce - "Big Bad Wolf (Dada Life Remix)"
- Chuckie - "Who Is Ready To Jump (Dada Life Remix)"
- Afrojack & R3hab - "Prutataaa (Dada Life Remix)"
- Mylo - "Drop The Pressure (Dada Life Guerilla Fart #14)"
- Madonna - "Girl Gone Wild (Dada Life Remix)"
- Kaskade - "Llove (Dada Life Remix)"
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend (Dada Life Remix)"
- Marina and the Diamonds - "How To Be A Heartbreaker (Dada Life Remix)"
- Bingo Players - "Out of My Mind (Dada Life Remix)"
- Major Lazer - "Bubble Butt (Dada Life Remix)"
- "Dada Life Bio, Music, News & Shows". DJZ.com. Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- "Dada Life: The Marching Band @ EDC Las Vegas 2011". Dada Life. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Largest Pillow Fight". Guinness World Records.
- https://twitter.com/dadalife/status/544477461732671489. Missing or empty
- "Dada Death Facebook".
- "Dada Death Twitter".
- "Dada Death SoundCloud".
- "Tonight We're Kids Again Preview".
- "Dada Life Facebook Account".
- "Dancing Astronaut: The best reactions to Dada Life’s latest marketing stunt, Dada Death… and some new music".
- Ochoa, John. "Dada Land: The Voyage POV". Insomniac.
- SwedishCharts.com: Dada Life page
- "Top 100 Singles - Week ending 30th August 2012". Irish Recorded Music Association. Archived from the original on 31 August 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.