Daddy's Groove, 2014
|Genres||House, dance, electronica|
|Occupation(s)||DJ's, Producer, musician|
Daddy’s Groove is an Italian house music group composed of Carlo Grieco, Gianni Romano & Peppe Folliero. From their base in Naples, Italy, they have remixed for artists like Kylie Minogue, Whitney Houston, James Blunt, Enrique Iglesias, B.o.B ft Taylor Swift, Nabiha, The Wanted, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso, Angello & Laidback Luke, Louie Vega, Prok & Fitch, Cerrone, Atfc, Michael Canitrot, Norman Doray & Tristan Garner, The Shapeshifters, Quentin Harris and Sandy Rivera.
Career: 2006 – present
The trio formed initially under the moniker "Black Raw" and "Spit". They rapidly switched to Daddy's Groove, who fit better each other's influences.
Daddy's Groove got their first big exposure when Swedish House Mafia's Axwell reached out to them to remix his track "Nothing But Love" which ended being a collab-remix of Axwell and Daddy's Groove. The collaboration climaxed when they got offered to open for Swedish House Mafia's Masquerade Motel in Ibiza.
Soon after, David Guetta got in touch with them for additional production on his album "Nothing But The Beat". They quickly became David Guetta's protégés and got offered to remix his tracks. spawning tracks on Jack Back Records, and having David Guetta remixing one of their tracks "Turn the light downs", closing 2012 in a great way for the trio.
2013 saw them releasing several tracks on Spinnin Records including several Beatport chart-toppers such as Stellar, Hurricane, Vertigo (feat Cryogenix), Unbelievable (ft Rob Adans) and Walking On Air (ft. Dino).
As most of their tracks were doing well, the touring increased. David Guetta booked them for his Ibiza summer residency "Fuck Me I'm Famous" 3 years in a row at Pacha Ibiza and Ushuaia. F*ck me I’m Famous (Pacha Ibiza & Miami).
They also toured extensively around the world,playing in the US, all over Europe, India, China, Japan and Australia. Most of their booking were in supersized clubs such as Ministry Of Sound, Zouk Singapore, Vision Tokyo, Pacha Sydney, Marquee Las Vegas, Story Miami or San Francisco.
They later caught the eye of Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am, who asked them to work on the production of Britney Spears' latest album "Britney Jean". They also did the mixing on one of Lady Gaga's track "Fashion!" on her "Artpop" album.
By the end of 2013 after signing at Ultra Records, they released another hit-track "Surrender" feat Mindshake which saw they popularity increase when David Guetta offered them to join him, Nicky Romero and Afrojack on the mainstage of Belgium's biggest festival "Tomorrowland".
As of April 2014 the trio has been working on several upcoming tracks as well as other productions for mainstream artists.
The song "Blackout" with previous collaborators Cryogenix was released on 1st August 2014 and the song "Pulse" featuring vocals from Teammate was released on 16th September 2014.
- 2007 – Falling (Daddy's Groove Vocal Mix) (Feat. Spit)
- 2008 – Alma Mia (Don't Be Afraid) (Feat. Boogie Fresh)
- 2010 – Kiss My Agony (with Bob Sinclar)
- 2010 – Rendez-Vous
- 2011 - In My Head (with David Guetta Feat. Nervo)
- 2012 – Crazy (Wild World) (Feat. Skin)
- 2012 – Fairytale (with Little Mark Feat. Lady IM)
- 2012 – Turn The Lights Down (David Guetta Re-work)
- 2012 – It's Not Right But It's Okay (with Little Nancy)
- 2012 – Power 2 The People
- 2012 – P.I.M.P
- 2013 – Stellar
- 2013 – Hurricane
- 2013 – Vertigo (with Cryogenix)
- 2013 – Tilt (with Cryogenix)
- 2013 – Walking On Air (with Dino)
- 2013 – Unbelievable (with Rob Adans)
- 2013 - Surrender ft. Mindshake
- 2014 - Miners
- 2014 - Synthemilk (with Congorock)
- 2014 - Big Love To The Bass (with Nari & Milani)
- 2014 - BlackOut (with Cryogenix)
- 2014 - Pulse (feat Teammate)
- 2014 - Back (feat Mindshake)
- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Daddy's+Groove. Retrieved 18 July 2012. Missing or empty
- http://pittbuhl.com/daddys-grove/. Retrieved 18 July 2012. Missing or empty
- http://www.testpressing.it/daddys-groove-f-me-im-famous-pacha-ibiza/. Retrieved 18 July 2012. Missing or empty