From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (September 2011)|
daemontools is a collection of free tools for managing Unix services. It was written by Daniel J. Bernstein as an improvement to the inittab, ttys, init.d or rc.local alternatives by providing all of the following features.
- Easy service installation and removal
- Easy first-time service startup
- Reliable restarts
- Easy, reliable signalling
- Clean process state
- "Frequently asked questions from distributors". Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- Official daemontools website, maintained by the author