Daffodil International University
|Daffodil International University|
|Motto||A distinguished landmark in higher education|
|Vice-Chancellor||M. Lutfar Rahman|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission Bangladesh and Daffodil Group|
Daffodil International University (Bengali: ড্যাফোডিল আন্তর্জাতিক বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়]) (DIU), a private university located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh, was established on 24 January 2002 under the Private University Act, 1992. DIU is the prime initiative of the country’s leading conglomerate, Daffodil Group.
DIU is the first university in Bangladesh to have signed the UN's Commitment to Sustainable Practices of Higher Education Institutions.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate: 28
- International IT certification courses: 6
- Proposed programs: 8
- Short courses: 5
There are 19 departments under five faculties:
Faculty of Science & Information Technology
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Environmental Science and Disaster Management
- Department of Software Engineering
- Department of Multimedia Technology and Creative Arts
- Department of Natural Sciences
Faculty of Business & Economics
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Real Estate
- Department of Tourism & Hospitality Management
Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Department of Textile Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Architecture
Faculty of Allied Health Science
Faculty of Humanities & Social Science
The University facilitate online admission to the admission seekers from distant areas.
Career Development Center(CDC)
CDC  works for developing career of the students through career counseling, skill development, motivation, job support, communication, information service, etc.
Learning Feedback System (LFS)
It is a unique online tool  that bridges faculty members and students on the academic issues. It includes class lectures, students’ queries, open discussion, submission of assignment and other academic matters.
The library  is housed in a six storied building seating 600 readers. It has 24,000 books, 13,500 e-books  and 2500 project reports in various disciplines. It subscribes to 100+ printed periodicals and 2500 e-journals.
- Main Campus: 102, Shukrabad, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
- Administrative Building: 102/1, Shukrabad, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
- Ashulia Campus: Dattapara, Chowbaria, Savar, Ashulia, Dhaka
- Campus-II: 64/3, Lake Circus, Kalabagan, Dhaka
- Campus-III: 4/2, Shobhanbag, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
- Campus-IV: House-7, Road-14, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
- Uttara Campus-I: House: 04, Road: 07, Sector: 03, Uttara Model Town, Uttara, Dhaka
- Uttara Campus-II: House # 06, Road # 07, Sector # 03, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka
- CSIC 5th-ranked university in Bangladesh
- 4ICU 7th-ranked university in Bangladesh based on web popularity (2013)
- Membership, International Association of Universities (2013)
D. Litt. Conferred by DIU
Daffodil International University authority conferred the D.Litt. Honoris Causa on philanthropist and entrepreneur Achyuta Samanta in DIU's 4th Convocation on the 6th of March 2014. Upon approval from the Government, DIU is the first private university history in Bangladesh to confer D. Litt. to any significant personality.
- Official website
- WEBOMETRICS RANKING
- Nepal Scholarships and WNSO Bangladesh - Daffodil International University Scholarships for Nepalese Students
- Introduction. "About DIU". Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- "Private University Act, 1992". Sai.uni-heidelberg.de. 1992-08-09. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "ROLL OF COMMITMENTS | RIO20". Rio20.euromed-management.com. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "Faculties". Daffodil International University. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "Bangladesh: Ranking Web of Universities". Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (Spain). Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "Top Colleges & Universities in Bangladesh : 2013 University Web Rankings". 4icu.org. 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- International Association of Universities (2013-04-22). "Institutions : International Association of Universities". Iau-aiu.net. Retrieved 2013-05-11.