|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (April 2014)|
Dag Heward-Mills was born in London to a Ghanaian father and Swiss mother on May 14, 1963. He is based in Ghana and has a ministerial career spanning over 25 years. He is the founding Bishop of the Lighthouse Chapel International denomination which was founded in 1987 and has become one of the most prominent and fastest-growing churches to have been born out of West Africa. With a clear church planting anointing, Dag Heward-Mills has planted over 1200 branches worldwide. He is reputed to be a worldwide ministry leader, prolific author, sought after Christian speaker and influential Christian leader of our time.
Early life and history
Dag Heward-Mills attended Achimota Secondary School where he had his O and A level, after which he qualified into the University of Ghana Medical School. He has been a preacher since he was a teenager.
Lighthouse Chapel International
Heward-Mills has authored several books, including Loyalty and Disloyalty, the first of his books to be published in the United States. His books are available in 27 languages. He has also become a sought-after international speaker in conferences like the Church Growth International and the Pentecostal World Fellowship Conferences.
He also hosts his own annual Iron Sharpeneth Iron Work of Ministry conference for pastors and church leaders in Accra, Ghana. These conferences have grown over the years and currently attract thousands of ministry leaders from more than 40 countries. Additionally he founded a bible school - The Anagkazo Bible Schools, to train men and women of God in the practical work of the ministry.
Healing Jesus Crusades
In 2003, Dag Heward-Mills started the Healing Jesus Campaigns (HJC), then known as crusades. This was a purely evangelistic arm of the ministry and the first HJC was held in Accra in September 2003, with approximately 2000 people in attendance. He has held 95 campaigns in more than 40 towns and villages; in many places where the HJC has taken place, the local people had never seen an event of that size. He has become one of the most well known evangelists of our time. The early campaigns were focused in Ghana but the campaigns soon moved throughout the entire West African region (to countries like Mali, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Niger, etc.) and made an impact in some traditional Islamic strongholds.
- "Homepage". Lighthousechapel.org. Retrieved 2014-01-20.[dead link]
- "Principles For Handling || A Network Of Churches". Churchesdenominationstoday.org. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "Home". Churchplantingintl.org. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "Bishop Heward-Mills says also on hit list". GhanaWeb. Retrieved 7 October 2010.
- "Ghana: Dag Too". AllAfrica.com. allAfrica.com. Retrieved 7 October 2010.
- "Christian Author International". Christianauthorsinternational.org. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "New Book by Worldwide Ministry Leader Offers Wisdom-rich "Seminar" for Church Vitality". daghewardmills.us. Retrieved 2014-04-07.
- "Books by Dag Heward-Mills".
- "Home". Pastorsconferenceworld.org. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "Home". Pastorshepherd.org. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "Home". Evangelismobservatory.org. Retrieved 2014-01-20.