|Directed by||Rituparno Ghosh|
|Written by||Suchitra Bhattacharya (story)
Rituparno Ghosh (screenplay)
|Running time||145 minutes|
- Indrani Halder as Srobona Sarkar,Jhinuk
- Abhishek Chatterjee as Polash Chaudhury
- Rituparna Sengupta as Romita Chaudhury
- Suchitra Mitra as Jhinuk's thammi
- Subhendu Chatterjee as Romita's father
- Mamata Shankar as Romita's sister-in-law
A newly wed couple Romita (Rituparna Sengupta) and Palash (Abhishek Chatterjee) were attacked on the open road. The goons molested Romita, but nobody came forward to help. However, one lone schoolteacher, Jhinuk (Indrani Halder), rushed to the spot to help. She was later hailed a heroine by the press.
Jhinuk was determined to punish the assailants, and helped police. However, the experience of Jhinuk turned out to be a frustrating experience for her when the victim's family turned away
- DVD Review, The Telegraph, 22 April 2005.
- ‘I have learnt to make theplas ’, The Times of India, 13 April 2008.
- Shifting from the Bengali milieu, The Hindu, 24 December 2004.
|This article about a Bengali film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|