Dahil May Isang Ikaw
|Dahil May Isang Ikaw|
|Genre||Romance, Legal drama|
|Directed by||Jerry Lopez Sineneng
Rechie Del Carmen
Chin Chin Gutierrez
|Opening theme||Ikaw by Martin Nievera|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||105|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original release||August 24, 2009 – January 15, 2010|
Dahil May Isang Ikaw (lit. Because There is Only You) is a Philippine primetime drama series that aired by ABS-CBN starring Lorna Tolentino, Gabby Concepcion, Kristine Hermosa, Jericho Rosales, John Estrada, Chin Chin Gutierrez, Karylle and Sid Lucero. The show marks the reunion of young actors Kristine Hermosa and Jericho Rosales as a love team after five years, since their previous series, Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas. It is a comeback primetime series of award-winning actress Lorna Tolentino on ABS-CBN after eight years. The first teaser was released on July 22, 2009 after TV Patrol World which shows viewers the powerhouse cast and actors portrayal in the series. Several follow-up trailers were released which gave viewers the debut date of August 24, 2009.
According to ABS-CBN International Sales and Distribution, the series will soon air in Malaysia and other Asian countries with the English title of Destined Hearts. Dahil May Isang Ikaw is nominated in 2010 International Emmy Awards in the Telenovela category and Sid Lucero for Best Performance by an Actor for his role as Red Ramirez. The show was nominated as best foreign drama series in the Emmy Awards.
- 1 Premiere and concept
- 2 Story and development
- 3 Cast
- 4 Awards
- 5 References
- 6 See also
Premiere and concept
The show premiered on August 24, 2009. Dahil May Isang Ikaw tells the tale of two families whose fates intertwine with one another, creating a rather complicated love story between two brothers and two sisters.
Story and development
Tessa Ramirez (Lorna Tolentino) is a great and well-respected lawyer who has won every case she took, particularly child abuse cases. However, the agony in searching for her lost daughter is her greatest fight. Before attaining success in life, she was once a faithful and loving partner of Jaime Alferos (Gabby Concepcion) during college in 1980. Jaime had promised Tessa that they will get married once he comes back from a six-month stay in the States for academics. One day, Jaime's mother (Alicia Alonso) told Tessa that Jaime is committed to an affair with another lady. Tessa called Jaime, but the phone call was received by Patricia Aragon (Chin-Chin Gutierrez), who confirmed the relationship. Tessa was pregnant at that time. Daniel Ramirez (John Estrada) is a friend who secretly loves her. He will do anything that will please Tessa and, in fact, he stands as husband and father of the child.
In an unexpected situation, Tessa's daughter Melissa was kidnapped by a syndicate whose motives is to raise babies to be laborers. Daniel was taking baby Melissa to see her pediatrician, when he was suddenly held at gunpoint by a man demanding he hand over the baby or be killed. Tessa greatly blamed Daniel when she discovered he lost her daughter.
In an effort to make things up to Tessa, Daniel promises to put her through law school, which is her most cherished dream. To support her, he turns to a life of crime. One day while robbing a bank, his heist partner is killed after shooting a bank customer during a scuffle. The customer turns out to be a brother of a government official and, because his killer is already dead, Daniel is detained for his murder.
Ella (Mika dela Cruz) is a girl who has simple dream, to be loved by her mother (later to be Kristine Hermosa). She tried to make her dream come true by dropping a bended one peso coin to the river; it was caught by a sailing vessel instead. She saw a boy, Miguel (Paul Salas, later to be Jericho Rosales) who secretly boarded that ship. She asks him to drop the coin to the water but young Miguel didn't hear it clearly. Both of them were caught, Miguel by a fisherman forcibly asking him to get down immediately and Ella by her mother while punishing her because of stealing the peso.
Here comes young Pip (Nash Aguas later to be Sid Lucero) who stole a lady's handbag due to starvation. Pip has been influenced by his biological father before. Young Miguel advised his half brother (not by blood) not to do it anymore.
As all struggle for their dreams' fate leads Miguel to Tessa after overhearing Ella's dream about being with her idol who is Tessa the dedicated lawyer Miguel heard in Ella's stories. Tessa decides to provide help to Miguel on getting Pip out of jail. Not only does she do this but finds it in her heart that she is close to young Miguel as if he were her child. In prison meanwhile Pip's life is hardened. Daniel decides to take in Pip so he doesn't want to be hardened by the inmates.
Pip seems to be open to Daniel and raises him like a father. As Pip leaves early, Tessa decides to take in the two boys to be her own. On the other hand, Jaime takes in little Ella. Patricia and her daughter little Denise (later on played by Karylle) dislike Angela even concentrate on hurting Ella. Ella and Denise later on become friends. Sister Jaime adopts Ella, but Patricia has a constant dislike against her. As Ella grows into a beautiful young woman, she becomes a successful lawyer — making it her ultimate goal to work with her idol, and become close in general. She becomes ready for her next encounter with her long-lost love Miguel as the two become lawyers who unexpectedly are in the Top Leagues: Miguel is No. 1 on the exam and Ella is No. 2. Ella becomes unaware when she meets Tessa as she decides to apply for the law firm. Tessa gives her a big case after Ella initially tries to get hold of Tessa. When Tessa finds out about her last name the bell rings on her behalf and feels mortified yet shocked that her father is Jaime Alferos. Ella is dedicated a big case.
As Daniel, gets out of prison he goes back to his evil deeds and so does Patricia as both are scared to lose Jaime and Tessa. The predicament also goes for Denise and Pip his now Alfred "Red" who both are ready to pursue against all odds in exchange for their love.
All are struggling as the latter comes to the point that the two families are in a feud. A family torn between love, deception, and all odds.
- Kristine Hermosa as Angela "Ella" Alferos-Ramirez
- Jericho Rosales as Miguel Ramirez
- Lorna Tolentino as Tessa Ramirez
- Gabby Concepcion as Jaime Alferos
- John Estrada as Daniel Ramirez
- Chin-Chin Gutierrez as Patricia Aragon-Alferos
- Karylle as Denise Mae Alferos
- Sid Lucero as Alfred "Red" Ramirez
- Chinggoy Alonzo as Don Fernando Aragon
- Alicia Alonzo as Donya Victoria Alferos
- Christian Vasquez as Ed Aragon
- Angel Jacob as Jill Aragon
- Arron Villaflor as Marco Aragon
- Lauren Young as Rachel
- Maricar de Mesa as Atty. Juliana Serrano
- Kitkat as Stephanie "Stef" Miranda
- Peewee O'Hara as Yaya Pining
- Minnie Aguilar as Vanessa Javier
- Kathleen Hermosa as Charlie Sibal
- EJ Jallorina as Ploniong
- Ina Feleo as Nina
- Irene Pheobe Arevalo as Farrah
- Railey Valeroso as Paul Javier
- Josh Ivan Morales as Mario
- Cynthia Reyes as Nadia
- Val Iglesias as Wilbert
- Efren Reyes, Jr. as Guido
- Tanya Gomez as Stella Cleofas Remulla
- Archie Adamos as Cong. Eduardo Javier
- Lauren Novero as Jess Garcia
- Jong Cuenco as Nikos
- Mika dela Cruz as Young Ella
- Paul Salas as Young Miguel
- Angel Sy as Young Denise
- Nash Aguas as Young Red
- Xyriel Manabat as Nini
- Chacha Cañete as Bulilit
- Eda Nolan as Mara Cortez
- Erika Padilla as Janelle Paez
- Zeppi Borromeo as Efren Villegas
- Joey Paras as Manolo Meloto
- Joem Bascon as Ryan Fernandez
- Cherry Lou as Patty Ancheta
- Leandro Baldemor as Mayong Ancheta
- Joyce So as Mika Tantingco
- Jazz Angela Cabaccang as Irene
- Amy Nobleza as Melissa "Kikay" dela Cruz
- Amante Pulido as Ricardo "Kadyo" dela Cruz
- Edwin Pamanian as Rafael Acuyong
- Buddy Palad as Ernesto Trinidad
- Head writer: Arah Jell Badayos
- Writers: Rose Colindres, Mark Duane Angos, Jerome Co, Amanda Beltran
- Creative director: Ricky Lee
- Creative consultant: Badong Royales
PMPC Star Awards for Television 2010
34th Annual Guillermo Mendoza Awards
|2010||Dahil May Isang Ikaw||Most Well Liked Primetime Television Series||Nominated|
|2010||Dahil May Isang Ikaw||Favorite Television Series Couple||Nominated|
|2010||Dahil May Isang Ikaw||Best Drama Series||Nominated|
|2010||Sid Lucero||Best Actor||Nominated|
|2010||Dahil May Isang Ikaw||POP TV Show of The Year||Nominated|
|2011||Dahil May Isang Ikaw||Best Telenovela||Finalist|
- Siazon, Rachelle (2009-02-22). "Kristine Hermosa is now more cautious with her love life". ABS-CBN Interactive. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- ABS-CBN shows gain an international following
- Sid Lucero scores a nomination in International Emmy Awards for Dahil May Isang Ikaw
- Philippines bags 12 nominations at the 2011 New York Festivals TV & Film Awards; 8 from ABS-CBN, 4 from GMA-7