Dahlgren Township, Hamilton County, Illinois
Location in Hamilton County
Hamilton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 3, 1885|
|• Total||54.37 sq mi (140.8 km2)|
|• Land||54.28 sq mi (140.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||515 ft (157 m)|
|• Density||22.5/sq mi (8.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62828, 62859|
|GNIS feature ID||0428867|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 54.37 square miles (140.8 km2), of which 54.28 square miles (140.6 km2) (or 99.83%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Atchison, Bethel, Crisel, Fitzsimons, Independent Order of Oddfellows, Pleasant Hill, Preston and Saint Johns.
Airports and landing strips
- Gelfius International Airport
- Hamilton County Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois's 19th congressional district
- State House District 108
- State Senate District 54
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Dahlgren Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Hamilton County Historical Society
- Illinois State Archives
- Township Officials of Illinois