Dahlia Wasfi is an Iraqi-American physician and peace activist.
Born in 1971 in New York to a Jewish-American mother and Muslim Iraqi father, Dr. Wasfi spent part of her early childhood living in Iraq under Saddam Hussein. She returned to the US at age 5, earned her B.A. in Biology from Swarthmore College in 1993 and her medical degree from University of Pennsylvania in 1997.
Part of Dr. Wasfi's April 27, 2006 address to the Congressional Progressive Caucus:
|“||I speak to you today on behalf of relatives on my mother’s side — Ashkenazi Jews who fled their homeland of Austria during Hitler’s Anschluss. It is for them that we say 'Never again.' I speak to you today on behalf of relatives on my father’s side, who are not living, but dying, under the occupation of this administration’s deadly foray in Iraq. From the lack of security to the lack of basic supplies to the lack of electricity to the lack of potable water to the lack of jobs to the lack of reconstruction to the lack of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, they are much worse off now than before we invaded. 'Never again' should apply to them, too.||”|
- Dr. Dahlia Wasfi speaks at Iraq forum, YouTube
- liberatethis.com, run by Dahlia Wasfi
- Truth hurts, Lies kill. Real truth behind the phony wars by Dr. Dahlia wasfi on YouTube. [YouTube Account No Longer Active]
- Truth hurts, Lies kill. Real truth behind the phony wars by Dr. Dahlia wasfi on YouTube, available without being forced to identify yourself to the Googleplex
- Dahlia Wasfi Interview on Alrasub.com 12/14/12