Jones with the Indiana Pacers
|Small forward / Shooting guard|
December 27, 1980 |
Trenton, New Jersey
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school||Steinert (Hamilton, New Jersey)|
|NBA draft||2003 / Round: 1 / Pick: 20th overall|
|Selected by the Boston Celtics|
|2008||Fort Wayne Mad Ants (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dahntay Lavall Jones (born December 27, 1980) is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball at both Rutgers University and Duke University.
Jones grew up in Hamilton Square, New Jersey and starred at Steinert High School in Hamilton Township, Mercer County from 1995 to 1998. He earned McDonald's All-America honorable mention honors as a senior after averaging 24 points and 9 rebounds per game.
After playing college basketball at Rutgers University in his freshman and sophomore years, Jones transferred to Duke University where he earned All-ACC Honorable Mention honors in 2002 after averaging 11.2 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.1 assists as a junior. In his senior season, he played 33 games, averaging 17.7 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
Jones was selected by the Boston Celtics with the 20th overall pick in the 2003 NBA draft, and his rights were later traded, along with the rights to Troy Bell, to the Memphis Grizzlies for the rights to Kendrick Perkins and Marcus Banks. Jones played his first four professional seasons for the Grizzlies, averaging 5.0 points per game.
On September 27, 2007, Jones signed with the Boston Celtics. However, he was later waived by the Celtics on October 25, 2007. On December 10, 2007, he signed with the Sacramento Kings. On February 16, 2008, he was waived by the Kings. On March 21, 2008, he was acquired by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA Development League.
On July 12, 2012, Jones was traded, along with Darren Collison, to the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for Ian Mahinmi. On February 21, 2013, he was traded to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for Anthony Morrow.
- June 26, 2003: Drafted 20th overall by Boston Celtics in 2003 NBA draft.
- June 26, 2003: Traded by Boston along with draft rights of 16th pick Troy Bell to the Memphis Grizzlies for draft rights of 13th pick Marcus Banks and 27th pick Kendrick Perkins.
- September 27, 2007: Signed with Boston Celtics.
- October 25, 2007: Waived by Boston Celtics.
- December 10, 2007: Signed with Sacramento Kings.
- February 16, 2008: Waived by Sacramento Kings.
- March 21, 2008: Acquired by Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA Development League.
- July 30, 2008: Signed with Denver Nuggets.
- July 14, 2009: Signed with Indiana Pacers.
- July 12, 2012: Traded to Dallas Mavericks.
- February 21, 2013: Traded to Atlanta Hawks.
- September 27, 2013: Signed with Chicago Bulls.
- October 8, 2013: Waived by Chicago Bulls.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Battista, Judy (February 21, 1999). "COLLEGE BASKETBALL; Rutgers Could Have a Post-Season With Meaning". NYTimes.com. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- Smith, Timothy (October 22, 1997). "COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Starting Over In New Jersey; New Coaches at Seton Hall and Rutgers Rebuild". NYTimes.com. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Dahntay Jones Biography". GoDuke.com. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Dahntay Jones Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- Camp roster set
- C's waive Jones, Manuel
- Transactions: 2007-08 Season
- Mad Ants Make Roster Change
- Nuggets Sign Dahntay Jones
- Transactions: 2009-10 Season
- It's Official: Pacers Trade Mahinmi for Collison, Jones
- ATLANTA HAWKS ACQUIRE DAHNTAY JONES FROM DALLAS AND JEREMY TYLER FROM GOLDEN STATE
- Patrick Christopher, Mike James, Dahntay Jones, Kalin Lucas, Dexter Pittman and D.J. White in Bulls training camp
- Chicago Bulls waive Dahntay Jones
- Grizzlies Trade Draft Rights to 13th & 27th Overall Selections to the Celtics for BC’s Troy Bell and Duke’s Dahntay Jones[dead link]
- Kings Sign Guard/Forward Dahntay Jones[dead link]
- Kings Acquire Four Players and a Second Round Draft Pick from Atlanta in Exchange for Mike Bibby[dead link]
- Chat with Al Harrington
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dahntay Jones.|