دهوك / Dihok
Districts and sub districts.
|• Total||6,553 km2 (2,530 sq mi)|
Duhok Governorate (Arabic: دهوك Dahūk, Kurdish: Dihok) (or Duhok Province) is one of the governorates of Iraq. It is located in the north of the country in the autonomous region of Iraqi Kurdistan. Its capital is the city of Dohuk. It also includes the city of Zakho, which has at various times served as a checkpoint for the border with Turkey. Prior to 1976 it was part of Ninawa Governorate, which was called Mosul Governorate. Duhok Governorate is mainly inhabited by Kurds and Assyrians
- Governor: Tamar Fattah Ramadhan Kuchar.
- Deputy Governor: Gurgis Shlaymun.
- Governorate Council Chairman (PCC): Fadhil Omer.
- 41 total seats.
- 33 seats for the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP).
- 4 seats for the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK).
- 4 seats for the Kurdistan Islamic Union (KIU).
Duhok is divided into seven Districts.
- Amedi District
- Zakho District
- Dohuk District
- Semel District
- Akre District
- Bardarash District
- Gir-e Kumar
- Duhok Governorate (English)
- Duhok Governorate Council (Kurdish)
- University of Duhok
- Iraq Inter-Agency Information & Analysis Unit Reports, Maps and Assessments of Iraq's Governorates from the UN Inter-Agency Information & Analysis Unit
|This Iraq geographical location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|