Daily Internet was founded in 2006 by Abby Hardoon, who was previously responsible for establishing and running web host Host Europe PLC (incorporating 123-reg, WebFusion, Magic Moments Internet and Dedicated Servers), in 1996. Having grown Host Europe to become the UK’s market leader with almost 1 million accounts by 2004, Hardoon sold Host Europe PLC to Pipex for a record £31 million. From 2006, he concentrated on developing a new web hosting company from scratch, working with key members of the 123-reg, WebFusion and Dedicated Servers teams to launch Daily Internet in early 2007. In early 2009, Michael Edelson became Chairman of the company.
The eShop Online Shop building system was added to the range in 2008, and the company’s Linux shared web hosting and reseller hosting range was augmented through the addition of Windows variants in 2009.[dead link]
Also during 2009, Virtual Private Servers (VPS) were added to the product range, with further expansion of the range occurring in August 2010. During early 2011, the company continued its expansion into business hosting with the addition of Hosted Exchange to its product range.
- Fatcow Review Hosting, Best Web Hosting Rate, 2014, retrieved 2014-04-17
- Rich Miller (2013), Host Europe to Rebrand as European Hosting Consolidation Continues, NetCraft, retrieved 2013-11-26
- "Daily.co.uk Launches Web Hosting Services". TOP HOSTS. 10 April 2007. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- Shared Web Hosting, Web Hosting Plan, 2013, retrieved 2013-11-26
- http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/091109_Web_Host_Dailycouk_Adds_Windows_2009_Reseller_Web_Hosting[dead link]
- http://www.webhostinggeeks.co.uk/2010/08/uk-web-hosting-company-daily-internet-introduces-extended-range-of-vps[dead link]
- Fat Cow Web Hosting, Review Board, 2014, retrieved 2 May 2014