Daily Journal Corporation
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: DJCO|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Charles T. Munger, Chairman
Gerald Salzman, CEO
|Revenue||$37.6 million USD (FY 2010)|
Number of employees
|195 (as of 2011)|
Daily Journal Corporation is a legal publishing company headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Its chairman is Charles T. Munger, who is notable for being vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway.
The Daily Journal Corporation's largest publications are the Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journals and California Lawyer. The Daily Journal provides news of interest to Californian lawyers and includes profiles of judges, appellate decisions and other legal information.
SUSTAIN Technologies, a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, develops software used to administer court cases. In December 2012, the Daily Journal acquired New Dawn Technologies, developers of the JustWare | Solution Suite, based in Logan, Utah. In late 2013, the Daily Journal acquired ISD Corporation.
- San Francisco Daily Journal
- Los Angeles Daily Journal
- California Lawyer (magazine)
- Daily Commerce (Los Angeles)
- Business Journal (Riverside)
- The Daily Recorder (Sacramento)
- The Inter-City Express (Oakland)
- Orange County Reporter
- San Jose Post-Record
- San Diego Commerce
- The Record Reporter (Phoenix)
- Noah Buhayar, "Munger’s Daily Journal Lifts Curtain of Secrecy on Bets", Bloomberg News, February 11, 2014.
- Jonathan Weil, "Buffett's Pal Munger Heads a Very Weird Company", Bloomberg View, February 12, 2014.