Daily Journal of Commerce
|Owner||The Dolan Company|
|Circulation||2,333 paid; 68 non-paid and controlled; 228 online paid|
The Daily Journal of Commerce (DJC) is a U.S. newspaper published Monday, Wednesday and Friday in Portland, Oregon. It features business, construction, real estate, legal news and public notices. It is a member of American Court & Commercial Newspapers Inc., and the CCN News Service, National Newspaper Association, International Newspaper Promotion Association, Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association Inc., The Associated General Contractors of America, Oregon-Columbia chapter, and Associated Builders and Contractors Inc. DJC is owned by The Dolan Company.
The DJC is read by business professionals in industries such as construction, architecture, engineering, commercial real estate, and law. Besides news, each day the readers of the DJC can find a large number of legal notices and public records from the city of Portland and surrounding governments.
The Daily Journal of Commerce was founded in 1872. It merged with Sunday Welcome (a competing public notice newspaper in Portland) at some point during the 1930s or 1940s, and was purchased by Dolan Media Company of Minneapolis in 1997. Dolan Media Company changed its name to The Dolan Company in 2010.
- Contact Us from the Daily Journal of Commerce website
- About Us from the Daily Journal of Commerce website
- Dolan Media Company Amendment No. 1 to Form S-1 from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission website
- "Dolan Media Buys Its Oregon Public Notice Partner". press release. dolanmedia.com. October 10, 2006. Retrieved 2009-07-11. "The Sunday Welcome partnership with DJC ... dates back more than 60 years when two competing Portland public notice newspapers, Sunday Welcome and the Daily Journal of Commerce, agreed to merge operations. The Caplan family shut down its Sunday Welcome title, and the Smith family, which then owned DJC, published the sole surviving paper. The Caplans handled all public notice sales duties, the Smiths published the ads, and the two families split the public notice revenues....The Dolan Company bought the DJC from the Smiths in 1997."
- Black, Sam (March 23, 2010). "Dolan Media tweaks corporate name, bumps CEO's pay 35%". bizjournals.com/twincities. Retrieved 2010-05-26.