||This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2006)|
Dainik Jagran (Hindi: दैनिक जागरण) is a daily Hindi broadsheet newspaper in India. According to the IRS Q2 2012, Dainik Jagran ranks No. 1 among all Indian publications with an Average Issue Readership (AIR) of 16.429 million. Dainik Jagran has now been the No.1 Indian Daily for the 23rd consecutive time. The newspaper is owned by Jagran Prakashan Limited, a publishing house listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. Jagran Prakashan Limited also acquired Mid Day in 2010  and Naiduniya in 2012.
Dainik Jagran was jointly founded by Shri Puranchandra Gupta & Shri Gurudev Gupta in Jhansi in 1942.  In 1947 Dainik Jagran shifted its headquarters to Kanpur, where it launched its second edition on 21 September 1947. The Rewa and Bhopal editions were added in 1953 and 1956. In 1975, publication of Gorakhpur edition started, followed by Varanasi, Allahabad and Lucknow in 1979. In 1984, Meerut edition was launched, followed by Agra in 1986, Bareilly in 1989 and Delhi in 1990. Between 1997 and 2006, eighteen new editions were added, and through 2007-08, six new editions were launched.
More than 55.7 million people read Dainik Jagran making it the largest read daily in India. Currently, Dainik Jagran’s 36 editions are published across eleven states of India. Its editions are published from the following places:
- Uttar Pradesh: Kanpur (City, South Kanpur, Kalyanpur, Chakeri, Naubasta, Panki) , Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Raebareli, Varanasi, Agra, Allahabad, Aligarh, Bareilly, Meerut
- Madhya Pradesh: Bhopal, Rewa
- Jharkhand: Ranchi, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur
- Uttarakhand: Dehradun
- Punjab: Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Bathinda, Patiala
- Haryana: Panipat, Hissar
- Bihar: Patna, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Darbhanga(soon)
- Himachal Pradesh: Dharamshala
- West Bengal: Siliguri
- Jammu & Kashmir: Jammu
The paper's website,jagran.com , also carries content aimed at teenagers, cooks, upwardly-mobile women, education,Bollywood, and local news.
Educational initiatives (Dainik Jagran Group) 
- JIMMC (Jagran Institute of Management and Mass Communication), Kanpur
- JIDA (Jagran Instittute of Digital Animation), Kanpur
- JIMMC (Jagran Institute of Management and Mass Communication), Noida
- JIMMC, School of Animation, Noida
- JIM (Jagran Institute of Management), Kanpur
- Jagran Public Schools (JPSs)
Jagran New Media 
MMI Online  is the digital media wing of the Jagran Prakashan Limited- India's Leading Media conglomerate. In this era of Web 3.0, media is about unlimited information and boundless space. Founded in October 2008, the company zeroes in on developing sustainable business models for the Indian online space and continuously pushes the boundaries to create 'services' and 'products' which add value and experience to the online users. The structure of MMI Online allows for the conceptualization and testing of many ideas while turning the best of them into companies.
Key persons 
- Mr. Mahendra Mohan Gupta, Chairman & Managing Director
- Sanjay Gupta, CEO & Whole Time Director
- Dhirendra Mohan Gupta, Whole Time Director
- Sunil Gupta, Whole Time Director
- Shailesh Gupta, Whole Time Director
- Satya , Whole Time Director
- "World Newspapers and Magazines". Worldpress.org. Retrieved 30 December 2006.
- "IRS 2012 Q2 Topline Findings". Media Research Users Council(MRUC). Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Dainik Jagran retains No 1 position for 23rd consecutive time". Dainik Jagran.
- "Jagran buys Mid-Day's publication business". Business Standard.
- "Jagran Prakashan buys Nai Dunia". Indian Express.
- "Corporate Profile". Jagran Prakashan Ltd. Retrieved 2010-07-16.[dead link]
- "JPL Annual Report 2012".