From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dairi may refer to:
- The dairi (Japanese: 内裏?), the Japanese Imperial family's official residence in the capital. In Kyoto, this was the Heian Palace or later, the Kyoto Imperial Palace, the latter considered a "town palace" (里内裏 sato dairi?). Parts of the dairi include the ceremonial Shishinden (紫宸殿?), the private quarters called Seiryōden (清涼殿?), and the women's quarter, or the kōkyū (後宮?). Each of the former capitals, Fujiwara-kyō, Heijō-kyō, Nagaoka-kyō had a dairi, though now in ruins.
- or by transference, indirect (now archaic) way of referring to the Emperor himself.
- A language spoken in Indonesia and written in the Batak script.
- Dairi Regency, one regency of North Sumatra province of Indonesia.
- The dahu, a legendary animal.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.