|Type||Public limited company|
|Headquarters||Nelson, Lancashire, England, UK|
|Key people||Peter Dubens Chairman, Matthew Riley CEO, Anthony Riley CFO|
Daisy Group plc (formerly known as Freedom4 Group plc and Pipex Communications plc) is a British company that sells Internet and telecommunications services, including hosting, broadband Internet connections, and VOIP.
The company traces back to the October 2003 acquisition of Pipex by GX Networks, to create Pipex Communications plc. The following month Firstnet Services changed its name to PIPEX Communications Business Solutions.
Pipex acquired the business communications provider Nildram in August 2004.
In March 2007 the company appointed UBS to consider its strategic options, in regards to a possible sale of the company. Tiscali UK announced in July that year that it would purchase the Pipex voice and broadband division for £210 million. The sale completed in September. The remaining assets not sold to Tiscali UK were put up for sale at the same time.
The remaining Pipex assets were renamed as Freedom4 Communications plc in March 2008. Freedom4 bought UK based WiFi roaming services provider BOZII and renamed the service FREEDOM4 WiFi. Freedom4 renamed itself Freedom4 Group in August 2008.
In Feb 2010 Daisy Group bought the entire issued share capital of Managed Communications, a provider of data networks, for a potential initial cash consideration of £6.3m.
In June 2010 Daisy Group sold its WiMax licensing business which was once part of its Freedom4 subsidiary to PCCW-owned UK Broadband.
In June 2010 Daisy Group bought the entire issued share capital of murphx Innovative Solutions Limited, a wholesale connectivity and hosting carrier that was voted ISP of the Year in the Comms Business Awards 2009 for an initial cash consideration of £4.8m.
- GX buys Pipex - theregister.co.uk 2003-10-03
- Home Page
- Pipex buys Host Europe - theregister.co.uk 2004-04-02
- Pipex buys Nildram - theregister.co.uk 2004-08-09
- Pipex buys Donhost - theregister.co.uk 2005-04-28
- Pipex buys Freedom2Surf - theregister.co.uk 2005-10-18
- Pipex buys Homecall - theregister.co.uk 2006-03-23
- Pipex buys Supanetwork Limited (Supanames.co.uk) for £2.1 Million
- Lucy Sherriff (7 September 2006). "Pipex snaps up Toucan, Bulldog". The Register. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Pipex puts itself up for sale - Times Online
- "Tiscali buys Pipex broadband unit". BBC News. 13 July 2007. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Pipex seeks buyer for remaining assets after £8.5m interim loss - Business News, Business - Independent.co.uk
- Market News
- Freedom4 Communications plc Buys WiFi Roaming Firm
- Freedom4 Communications plc has Changed its Name to Freedom4 Group plc
- Bridge, Rachel (2007-11-18). "Bank prize helps Daisy to flower". The Sunday Times (Times Newspapers). Retrieved 2011-03-22.
- Daisy Acquires Managed Communications
- Daisy Acquires murphx
- "Daisy snaps up healthcare VAR - 02 Dec 2010". CRN UK. 2010-12-02. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "BCMS Corporate answers the call of Network Europe Group". BCMS Corporate. Retrieved 2011-07-17.