|Born||Daisy Rebecca Lowe
27 January 1989
Primrose Hill, London
|Parents||Gavin Rossdale and Pearl Lowe|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||60.7 kg (134 lb)|
|Hair colour||Dark brown|
Daisy Rebecca Lowe (born 27 January 1989) is an English fashion model who has modeled for editorial photo shoots, commercial advertising campaigns and at fashion shows. She is the daughter of Pearl Lowe, the singer-songwriter turned textile and fashion designer, and Gavin Rossdale, lead singer for Bush.
Lowe began modelling at the age of two, and did some photoshoots when she was 12 and 14 years old. At 15 she was approached by a talent scout in Camden Town and, as a result, she signed with Select, a London modelling agency.
In February 2006, Lowe was featured in Vogue Italia, shot by New York photographer Steven Klein, who also shot her in March 2007 for a W magazine pictorial called "Xurbia". In September 2006, Lowe modelled for the Urban Outfitters catalogue, appeared in French Connection printed advertisements and was profiled in British Harper's Bazaar. She was featured in an editorial in Jane magazine alongside fellow model Lydia Hearst-Shaw in March 2007, appeared in Vogue Italia for the second time in May and, in August, posed nude on the cover of i-D magazine with her then-partner, Will Cameron of the band Blondelle, photographed by Terry Richardson.
On the runway, Lowe was selected by Karl Lagerfeld to model for Chanel, and has appeared on catwalks in New York, Milan and London for Topshop and designers such as PPQ, Nanette Lepore, Sue Stemp, Charlotte Ronson, Henry Holland, and Vivienne Westwood. She has modelled for Agent Provocateur lingere for the past three years, and has been used by Burberry, Converse shoes, Dr. Martens, Hooch, Wheels and Doll Baby, Ben Sherman, Frost French, Hari, Karen Millen, Diesel SpA and Whistles, as well as for her mother's recent collection of lace dresses.
Of the Whistles campaign, Lowe said, "[It] was a favourite shoot of mine. ... Modelling is a cool outlet for me to express myself, and fashion has always fascinated me. I love that fashion crosses into my other passions – music and art."
Lowe's magazine work includes editorials and covers of publications such as Tatler, Elle, GQ, Vogue, Paradis, Marie Claire, Interview, Jalouse, Teen Vogue, Dirty Glam, Grazia, In Style, Nylon and The Sunday Times Style amongst many others.
Lowe has some experience in other media, including being the focus of the BBC Two eight-part fly on the wall documentary series Class of 2008, co-hosting Glamour's Best Dressed 2008 with Peaches Geldof for Fiver, and a brief contribution to a blog for Elle UK online. Lowe has worked as a DJ, appeared in the music videos NYC Beat by Armand Van Helden and Bloodthirsty Bastards by Dirty Pretty Things, and hosted events for Tommy Hilfiger and Dolce and Gabbana.
She was chosen to be in the 2010 Pirelli Calendar photographed by Terry Richardson in Bahia, Brazil. Throughout May 2010 Daisy documented her daily fashion and style choices for Vogue.co.uk's "Today I'm Wearing" feature. In August 2010, Lowe became the face of the newly relaunched sixties label Biba. She is also the face of Stephen Webster's 2011 jewellery campaign.
Lowe grew up in Primrose Hill, North London, and stayed with grandparents to continue her education at South Hampstead High School when her mother, Pearl Lowe, moved to Hampshire. Lowe dated producer Mark Ronson, but broke up after a row. She has since been linked with Tinie Tempah. She also had a relationship with Matt Smith, best known as the Eleventh Doctor on Doctor Who, which ended in 2011 due to work commitments.
Until 2004, Lowe was believed to be the daughter of Pearl Lowe's ex-husband Bronner Lowe, but a paternity test revealed that her godfather, Bush singer/guitarist Gavin Rossdale, was in fact her biological father. Her mother Pearl Lowe wrote about the situation in her book, All That Glitters. Daisy's paternity was not questioned early on, and Pearl listed "Bronner Lowe" on Daisy's birth certificate. At age 14, Daisy found out neither Bronner nor her mother shared her O-type blood. She mistakenly thought that one parent must share her blood type and that Bronner couldn't be her father (based on a common misunderstanding of blood type inheritance). Daisy confronted her mother, who admitted to a one-night stand with Rossdale. Daisy and Pearl's lawyers arranged a paternity test, which Rossdale at first refused. Results confirmed Rossdale was her father.
At 16, Lowe said of the press,
A lot of the stuff that gets written is just complete, mindless bullshit. If something bad is said about any of the people around me, then we all have a conversation about it [...] Most of the time it doesn't have an effect on my life. It's annoying when teachers say they've read things about me, and my head of year takes me aside and asks if I'm all right [...] But you've got to deal with it. There's no point going to cry in the toilet.
- Births, Marriages & Deaths Index of England & Wales, 1984–2006 listed birth name as 'Daisy Rebecca Lowe'.
- "Daisy Lowe – Page". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- Lazaro, Claire (4 April 2007). "The Daisy chain". Times Online (London). Retrieved 2008-06-10.[dead link]
- "Daisy Lowe biography". New York Fashion Magazine. Retrieved 2008-06-10. She again shot for Italian Vogue in 2009 at Bancroft's School in a shoot by Miles Aldridge
- Barnett, Leisa (2 August 2007). "Thomas the rock legend". Vogue. Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- Roe, Louise (8 March 2007). "Daisy's whistling". Vogue. Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- "The First Days of Spring (2009)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Bell, Gabriel (18 June 2009). "Terry Richardson and Most of the World's Models Gang Up for Pirelli Calendar 2010". New York Magazine. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "Daisy Lowe: Today I'm wearing...". Vogue UK. 3 May 2010. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Alexander, Ella (24 August 2010). "Daisy's Biba". Vogue UK. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Marfil, Lorelei. "Daisy Lowe sparkles for Stephen Webster". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "‘Topless’ Daisy Lowe goes gaga over Lara Stone's 'massive tits'". Indiavision news. 5 October 2011.
- Gavin Rossdale (8 August 2011). "Gavin Rossdale Daughter Daisy Lowe's Playboy Cover—See It Now!". E! Online. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- Miles Kane - Come Closer YouTube
- "Daisy Lowe: Pearl's girl is the new queen bee of the rock'n'roll It-girls". The Independent (London). 4 May 2008. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Mind the age gap: Model Daisy Lowe, 19, pictured for the first time with new man Mark Ronson, 32". Daily Mail (London). 10 May 2008.
- Daily Mail 18 August 2012 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2190358/Flirting-Miss-Daisy-Lowe-falls-rapper-Tinie-Tempah-big-way.html
- "Doctor Who star Matt Smith 'dumps girlfriend Daisy Lowe'". The Mirror. 24 November 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- Jane Reid, Alison (4 May 2008). "Daisy Lowe: Pearl's girl is the new queen bee of the rock'n'roll It-girls". The Independent (London). Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- Cunliffe, Naomi (10 December 2006). "The Highs and Lowe". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 2008-01-17.
- "Who's my father, asks Pearl Lowe's daughter Daisy". Daily Mail (London). 8 July 2007.
- Williams, Lowri (2 March 2005). "Child of Pearl Lowe And Gavin Rossdale Speaks Out". Gigwise. Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- Spicer, Kate. "Meditation generation". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
The model and actress Daisy Lowe started practising transcendental meditation earlier this year. “I do it morning and evening, for 20 minutes, wherever I am.
- Daisy's Biba VOGUE.COM, 24 August 2010
- Daisy Lowe agent details
- Daisy Lowe at the Fashion Model Directory
- Daisy Lowe pour BLAST – shooting Hotel Le Burgundy Paris