Daithí Ó Drónaí
|Daithí Ó Drónaí|
|Born||16 March 1990|
|Origin||Ballyvaughan, County Clare, Ireland|
|Genres||Electronic, house, baroque pop|
|Instruments||Guitar, bass guitar, fiddle|
|Labels||Sony Music Ireland|
Daithí Ó Drónaí (born 16 March 1990) is an Irish musician, best known for playing original music on the electronic synthesised fiddle as the artist "Daithi". He began his music career performing on the first series of The All Ireland Talent Show in 2009.
After reaching the final, where he came in sixth place, Ó Drónaí appeared on several television series including Sky1's Must Be The Music, and has gone on to develop a successful music career in Ireland. Daithí is currently working on his debut album (due for release in Summer 2014 through Sony Music Ireland), and has released several songs and remixes, including "Carraroe" featuring Elaine Mai  and an official remix of Young Wonder's "Tumbling Backwards", which was placed as the no.4 Irish remix of 2012 on the music blog, Nialler9. To date, Daithí has also released three singles through Sony Music Ireland: Chameleon Life featuring Raye (released 14/6/2013), Case Closed featuring Senita (released 20/12/2013) and Have To Go featuring Jesse Boykins III (released 25/3/2014).
Ó Drónaí was taught the traditional fiddle by his family whilst growing up in Ballyvaughan, County Clare. He progressed to playing the bass guitar in bands such as Keepsake and The Shackletons> He further developed his fiddling skills by the use of loop pedals and sounds.
The All Ireland Talent Show
Ó Dronaí auditioned for the first series of The All Ireland Talent Show in 2009. He was selected to represent the West and was mentored by namesake Dáithí Ó Sé., and went on to perform in the Final of the show 
Must Be The Music
In August 2010 Daithi appeared in the audition phases of Sky 1's Must Be The Music, gaining three yes votes from the judges. He later was chosen as one of the 15 Semi-Finalists, and his tracks became be available to download on Sky Music. He became the first of two acts to reach the final of the show, and his track "Carraroe" reached number 6 in the UK Indie singles chart on the same night. The final of the show took place in Wembley, where Daithí performed to a 10,000 capacity crowd.
2011 - present
Daithí has become a regular name in the Irish gigging circuit, has signed with Sony Music Ireland and has been performing his Irish traditional tinged dance music all over the country. He has performed in major Irish music festivals such as Electric Picnic, Castle Palooza  and Forbidden Fruit festival. Daithí has supported several successful international artists in Ireland, such as The XX, Dj Shadow  and Santigold.
To date, Daithí has released three singles through Sony Music Ireland: Chameleon Life featuring Raye (released 14/6/2013), Case Closed featuring Senita (released 20/12/2013) and Have To Go featuring Jesse Boykins III (released 25/3/2014).
His debut album is due in Summer 2014.
- "The Shackletons - Indie / Punk / Ska Band". Unsigned.com. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Must Be The Music: Daithi - Sky1 HD". Sky1.sky.com. 2010-09-18. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Daithí feat. Elaine Mai - 'Carraroe' (video)". Nialler9. 2011-12-20. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Tumbling (Daithi Remix) | Daithí". Daithi.bandcamp.com. 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Vote in the Nialler9 Irish album and songs 2012 Readers' Poll". Nialler9. 2012-12-13. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Daithi brings his fiddle to Tralee venue". The Kerryman. 2009-11-04. Retrieved 2009-11-27.
- "Daithí makes All-Ireland Talent Show final". RTÉ. 2009-02-09. Retrieved 2009-11-28.
- "Pepper & Piano, Daithi win 'MBTM' semi - Must Be The Music News - Reality TV - Digital Spy". Digitalspy.ie. 2010-08-31. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Wembley Arena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Camden Crawl Dublin Interview: Daithi | State Magazine". State.ie. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Line Up | Electric Picnic". Electricpicnic.ie. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- Jim Carroll (2011-04-27). "Castlepalooza 2011 – the line-up | On The Record". Irishtimes.com. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Forbidden Fruit | Line Up | Daithi". Forbiddenfruit.ie. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Daithi O'Droney to support The xx in The Pavilion - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums". Peoplesrepublicofcork.com. 2009-12-16. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Dj Shadow | Gypsies with Knives". Gypsieswithknives.wordpress.com. 2011-01-11. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Twitter / elainemaimusic: Anyone going to Santigold". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
|2013 |"Case Closed feat Senita " |style="text-align:center;"|- |style="text-align:center;"|- |rowspan="2"|.
- Photo of performance at the 2nd Clare Burren Marathon Challenge — The Clare People