|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Associated acts||Ryan McAllister
North Country Gentlemen (formerly Cowboys & Indians)
|Past members||Ryan McAllister
Dakona was a Canadian alternative rock music group that formed in 1997 in Vancouver and disbanded in 2005. The group was made up of lead vocalist and songwriter Ryan McAllister, Shane Dueck on bass and as co-songwriter, Brook Winstanley on guitar and John Biondillo on drums. The band originated their musical career in Vancouver and were a local favourite. Since then, Ryan McAllister has released two solo albums, "Sketches" and "Music For a Rainy Town". McAllister also plays with the band North Country Gentlemen (formerly known as Cowboys and Indians).
- 2003: Perfect Change (Maverick Records)
- 2000: Ordinary Heroes (independent)
- 1998: Good Enough For Me (independent)
- Fuoco, Christina. "Dakona Biography". allmusic.com. Allmusic. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- ""Perfect change" (sound recording)", collectionscanada.gc.ca (Ottawa: Library and Archives Canada), OCLC 54102167, AMICUS No. 30511116, retrieved 11 March 2012
- ""Ordinary heroes" (sound recording)", collectionscanada.gc.ca (Ottawa: Library and Archives Canada), AMICUS No. 28362801, retrieved 11 March 2012
- ""Good enough for me" (sound recording)", collectionscanada.gc.ca (Ottawa: Library and Archives Canada), AMICUS No. 29509929, retrieved 11 March 2012
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|