Dakota Baptist Convention
The Dakota Baptist Convention (DBC) is an autonomous association of Baptist churches in the states of North Dakota and South Dakota. It is one of the state conventions associated with the Southern Baptist Convention. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the convention is made up of 7 Baptist associations and around 100 churches as of 2010. DBC was created in 2003.
The organization attracted media attention for giving away a Harley Davidson motorcycle in a raffle at the 2006 and 2007 Sturgis Motorcycle Rallys as part of an outreach effort. To qualify for a ticket, a rally antendee had to listen to a three-minute sermon.
- Dakota Baptist - State Newspaper
- Dakota Baptist Foundation
- Dakota Baptist School of Theology and Leadership
- Answer Center - Provides clothing, medical assistance, and job training
- Willoughby, Karen L. (November 13, 2007). "Dakota convention to decentralize". Baptist Press. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "State Conventions and Local Associations: North Dakota". Southern Baptist Convention. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- French, Rose (September 1, 2007). "Hog Heaven: Baptists offer bikes to win converts". Star-News (Wilmington, NC). Associated Press. p. 12B. Retrieved 2010-08-27.
- Lindner, Eileen W. (2009). Yearbook of American & Canadian Churches. Abingdon Press. p. 158. ISBN 978-0-687-65880-0.
|This South Dakota-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This North Dakota–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Christian organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|