|Dalaman International Airport
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||ATM Airport Construction and Management, Inc. (BOT operator)|
|Serves||Dalaman & Muğla province|
|Elevation AMSL||20 ft / 6.15 m|
Dalaman Airport (IATA: DLM, ICAO: LTBS) is an international airport and one of three serving south-west Turkey, the others being Milas-Bodrum Airport and Antalya Airport. It has two terminals. The old terminal is used for domestic flights and the new terminal is for international flights. The airport serves the surrounding tourist areas and environs of Dalaman. Flights are available to and from over 120 destinations, across the rest of Turkey, Europe, North Africa and the Middle East.
DLM was started building in 1976, opened in 1981 as aerodrome. In 1989, it was promoted to airport status. Its layout were established in about 6,15 million m² of area.
The new Dalaman International Terminal cost approximately $150,000,000 to complete and is the 3rd largest terminal building in Turkey. There are 12 boarding gates, 8 with covered airbridges. The apron was also re-designed, increasing space for remote stands. Consequently, the airport has capacity to handle up to 35 flights at any one time. In total, the terminal now a floor space of 95,000m2, compared with less than 45,000m2 prior to refurbishment.
Check-in and departures are based on the upper two levels, with arrivals using the lower two levels.
Parking facilities are available for up to 550 vehicles outside the terminal building.
The old Terminal is still in use operated as the domestic terminal. There are daily flights to Ankara, and both Istanbul Airports.
Shuttle services are operated by HAVAŞ and MUTTAŞ. HAVAŞ provides this service between airport and Marmaris or Fethiye. MUTTAŞ provides this service for Bodrum and Menteşe (central district of Muğla) along Marmaris and Fethiye. Services from airport are mostly depended to arrival of flights.
Taking a taxi is available but considered to be more expensive than shuttle services.
Airport transfer companies are also available for custom shuttles. Transfer organization can be set for customized or group transportation. Booking, pricing and contact can be arranged on website of companies.
ATM Dalaman International Terminal has been awarded the ISO 9001 Quality Certificate, the ISO 14001 Environment Certificate, the TS 13001 HACCP Food Safety Certificate and the OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Certificate. The airport has also received praise for its environmentally conscious design, especially the use of natural lighting in its main hall.
Airlines and destinations
|Pegasus Airlines||Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
|Thomas Cook Airlines||London-Gatwick|
|Year (months)||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
- "AERODROME HISTORY". dalaman.dhmi.gov.tr.
- Terminal ATM Dalaman Airport
- "Dalaman". havas.com.tr.
- "Havaalanı yolcu taşımacılığı [Turkish]". muttas.com.tr.
- "Airport2Transfer". airport2transfer.com.
- "Cheap flights to Dalaman, Turkey". thomascookairlines.com. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "All airlines flying from Vienna (VIE) to Dalaman (DLM).". flightmapper.net. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Tyrolean to merge with Austrian Airlines next spring". starallianceemployees.com. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Lennot Dalamaniin". finnair.com. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Jetairfly Flight Plan". Jetairfly.
- "SunExpress Planned S15 New Routes as of 20FEB15". airlineroute.net/. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Official Website
- Airport information for LTBS at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LTBS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for LTBS at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for DLM at Aviation Safety Network