Dale Jennings (footballer)
Jennings in 2011
|Full name||Dale Jennings|
|Date of birth||21 December 1992|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2011–2013||Bayern Munich II||36||(2)|
|2013–2014||→ MK Dons (loan)||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:56, 12 April 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Liverpool, Jennings played youth football at Liverpool before being released as schoolboy. He soon joined Tranmere Rovers aged 15, having played for other clubs and having visited Rovers for a trial.
He made his club and Football League debut on 18 September 2010 in Tranmere's 1–1 draw against Charlton Athletic, coming on as a second half substitute. On 28 September 2010, he scored his first goal for the club in a 1–0 win against Bristol Rovers in his third senior match for the club. Jennings followed this up a few games later with a brace and two assists in the 4–2 victory over Milton Keynes Dons. On 13 November, Jennings scored a winner against Plymouth Argyle with a twisting run from the halfway line.
In October 2010, Jennings received the award for Apprentice of the month from the PFA.
His goal against Plymouth helped attract interest from larger clubs, and Tranmere rejected an offer for Jennings from an unnamed Premier League club in the 2011 January transfer window. In March 2011, he was voted League One Apprentice of the Year at the Football League awards.
In July, 2011 Jennings was signed by German club Bayern Munich where he would initially play for Bayern Munich II the reserve team in the Regionalliga Süd. In late October 2011, Jennings' habituation into Germany was hindered after he suffered multiple ligament tears in his knee, sidelining him until March 2012. On 11 October 2012, Jennings scored his first goal in a Bayern shirt in a 2–0 friendly win over SpVgg Unterhaching. On 27 October 2012, Jennings scored his first competitive goal in Germany in a 2–1 loss away at Würzburger Kickers, with his second following just six days later in a 2–2 draw at FC Augsburg II.
On 18 June 2013, it was confirmed Jennings had signed for Barnsley on a three year deal for a fee of £250,000 from Bayern Munich. Upon arriving, Jennings spoke of disappointment of having not broken into the first team squad at Bayern Munich and his excitement at Barnsley and his eagerness to do well there.
On 3 August 2013, he made his Barnsley debut against Wigan Athletic, coming on as a substitute in the second half for Tom Kennedy; however, he was sent off just five minutes after he came on, having misjudged a challenge on Wigan's James McArthur. Subsequently he was suspended for the following three games. While suspended, Jennings scored a hat-trick for the reserves, and he scored his first senior goal for the club on 8 March 2014 in a 1–0 win against Nottingham Forest.
MK Dons (loan)
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/07/2011 and 31/07/2011" (PDF). The Football Association. p. 36. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Rejection helped Tranmere's Dale Jennings – Garnett". BBC Sport. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Tranmere 1 – 1 Charlton". BBC Sport. 18 September 2010. Retrieved 18 September 2010.
- "Bristol Rovers 0 – 1 Tranmere". BBC Sport. 28 September 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- "Dale Jennings scores wonder goal for Tranmere". BBC Sport. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- "Apprentice Of The Month – October 2010". League Football Education. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Dale Jennings gets Premier League billing after impressing at Tranmere". Daily Mail (London). 15 November 2010.
- "Rovers Turned Down Premier Bid For Jennings". League Football Education. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Jennings Scoops FL Apprentice Award". Tranmere Rovers FC. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Dale Jennings completes Bayern Munich transfer from Tranmere Rovers". Liverpool Echo. 12 July 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2011.
- "Deal perfekt: Die Bayern holen Jennings" (in German). kicker sportmagazin. 13 July 2011. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Alaba makes comeback in 2–0 friendly win". FC Bayern Munich. 11 October 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- "FCB II in Würzburg eiskalt ausgekontert" (in German). FC Bayern Munich. 27 October 2012. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "FCB II teilt die Punkte mit Augsburg II" (in German). FC Bayern Munich. 2 November 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Dale Jennings: Barnsley sign Bayern Munich forward". BBC Sport. 18 June 2013. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Championship: Grant Holt scores as Wigan win 4–0 at Barnsley". Sky Sports. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "Barnsley 1–0 Nottingham Forest". BBC Sport. 8 March 2014. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- "Dale Jennings: MK Dons sign winger from Barnsley". BBC Sport. 28 November 2013. Retrieved 2 January 2014.