|Sticky, Manly, Nightlife, Good Sports|
Dale Lazarov is an openly gay American comics writer, originally from Mayagüez, Puerto Rico, specializing in wordless homoerotic short stories and graphic novels, and a poet. His work has been included in "best of" anthologies featuring erotic comics, and received critical praise. He cites Tom of Finland as an influence on his writing. He lives in Chicago, Illinois.
As a writer and editor, Dale Lazarov began publishing literary short fiction in the 1980s. In 2005, he collaborated with artist Steve MacIsaac on the graphic novel Sticky, his first comics script. It features a series of friendly sexual encounters between masculine men which Lazarov describes as "slice of life gay comics porn". He wrote it without captions or dialog, both for the tone it set and to facilitate international sales. It was originally serialized in three issues by Eros Comics (an imprint of Fantagraphics). He and MacIsaac produced a new full-color framing sequence for a hardcover collection published by Bruno Gmünder Verlag in March 2006.
In 2007, Lazarov and artist Delic Van Loond serialized Fancy, a homoerotic series in the traditional fantasy genre, online. He subsequently collaborated with artist Amy Colburn on Manly, a graphic novel similar in theme to Sticky, published in 2008. He wrote Nightlife illustrated by Bastian Jonsson (2009), followed by Good Sports with art by Alessio Slominsky (2012), Greek Love with art by Adam Graphite (2014), Fast Friends with art by Michael Broderick (2015), and Peacock Punks with art by Mauro Mariotti and Janos Janecki (2015). He has published several shorter comics in digital formats.
His short-story collaboration with artist Drubskin, "The Welcome Back Fuck", was featured in Best Gay Erotica 2007 and subsequently in Best of the Best Gay Erotica, both published by Cleis Press. "Everybody's Doin' It" with artist Jason A. Quest was selected for Best Gay Erotica 2014. An episode from Sticky was included in Best Erotic Comics 2008 (Last Gasp).
- Allas, Marcia (2005-06-01). "Sticky Moments: Dale Lazarov and Steve MacIsaac". Sequential Tart. Retrieved 2006-09-28.
- "Facebook "about" page". Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- Spurgeon, Tom (2009-06-14). "CR Sunday Interview: Dale Lazarov". The Comics Reporter. Retrieved 2012-03-13.
- Paul, Ryan (2006-07-11). "Sticky #1-3". Pop Matters. Retrieved 2006-08-07.
- Besemer, Jen (Fall 2006). "Sticky (book review)". Rain Taxi. Retrieved 2006-10-17.
- official web site
- Cooling, Will (2006-09-17). "Sticky in the Nexus: Dale Lazarov and Steve MacIsaac get their hands Sticky". Comics Nexus. Retrieved 2006-09-28.
|This profile of an American comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|