|Dale Vince OBE|
29 August 1961 |
Norfolk, England, United Kingdom
|Residence||Stroud, Gloucestershire, England|
|Known for||Ecotricity owner & chairman of Forest Green Rovers|
|Spouse(s)||Kate Vince |
Dale Vince, OBE is a "Green Energy" tycoon, former New Age traveller, and British industrialist who has become noteworthy as the outspoken owner of the Green electricity company Ecotricity. He is a vegan.
- 1977 Dropped out of school aged 15
- 1980s Spent a decade as a ‘New Age’ traveller - I have been concerned about sustainability issues since I was young. After leaving school, I wanted to pursue an alternative, low-impact way of life. I spent a decade living off-grid, generating the power I needed through a self-made windmill. 
- 1991 saw first windfarm -I thought, either I can carry on by myself with the windmill on my van, or I can get into the big stuff.
- 1995 Founded the Renewable Energy Company
- 1996 Built first windmill in Gloucestershire and started supplying “green electricity”
- 1997 Attended Kyoto Summit
Three months after joining the club as a majority shareholder, Vince became the club chairman.
In February 2011, Rovers players were banned from eating red meat for health reasons, and a few weeks later the sale of all red meat products was banned at the club's football ground, leaving only vegetarian options as well as free-range poultry and fish from sustainable stocks.
Vince has also introduced a number of different eco-friendly developments at the club including the installation of solar panels on its New Lawn home ground, the use of a solar powered robot grass mower plus the creation of the world's first organic football pitch.
- Flintoff, John-Paul (27 May 2011). "Power to the people: Dale Vince, green energy pioneer". The Daily Telegraph (London).
- "Dale Vince: "The police should be better than us" - Leadership :: Real Business - The Champion of UK Enterprise". Real Business. 2009-06-19. Retrieved 2010-08-10.
- "ENERGY firm Ecotricity will today confirm they are joining forces with Forest Green Rovers". Thisisgloucestershire.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-08-10.
- "Dale Vince becomes Forest Green chairman". BBC Sport. 9 October 2010.
- "Burger ban begins at Forest Green Rovers football club". BBC News. 10 February 2011. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "Forest Green Rovers' vegan owner bans burgers, sausages and pies". Daily Mail (London). 11 February 2011. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "Veggie Burgers on Sky Sports Soccer Saturday". YouTube. 16 April 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2011.
- "Forest Green Rovers football club installs solar panels". BBC News. 4 December 2011.
- "Robot lawn mower used by Forest Green Rovers football club". BBC News. 21 April 2012.
- "Forest Green Rovers spread manure on football pitch". BBC News. 15 June 2011.