|Birth name||Daler Singh|
|Born||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Origin||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Genres||Pop, Bhangra, Punjabi|
|Occupations||Singer, dancer, songwriter, comedian|
Daler Mehndi (Punjabi: ਦਲੇਰ ਮਹਿੰਦੀ, dalēr mahindī) is an Indian Bhangra pop singer who is known for his hit song "Tunak Tunak Tun." He is the one of the six elder sibling of another popular Hindi singer Mika.
Mehndi was a student of traditional Punjabi music and his first album broke sales records in India. Since 1995 he has recorded several highly successful albums in India and been a playback singer for several Hindi movies. His international popularity has grown in recent years, allowing him to tour the United States. Mehndi is also well known as a philanthropist, funding beautification projects in Delhi and aiding earthquake victims.
Philanthropy and other activities 
Mehndi has established the Daler Mehndi Green Drive to help make a cleaner environment in Delhi. He has donated 8.5 crore rupees to the green drive, 1.2 crore rupees to KARGIL charities, and built 16 houses in Gujarat after an earthquake there. He also did a concert series in Pakistan to raise funds for the quake victims.
He has helped rehabilitate victims of the Orissa cyclone and street children in Kenya.
- Bolo Ta Ra Ra - music album, 1995
- Dardi Rab Rab - music album, 1996
- Ho Jayegi Balle Balle - music album, 1997
- Tunak Tunak Tun - music album, 1998
- Ek Dana - music album, 2000
- Nach Ni Shaam Kaure - music album, 2002
- Mojaan Laen Do - music album, 2003
- Shaa Ra Ra Ra - music album, 2004
- Single "Nach le" for Hindi film Lakeer, 2004
- Single "Rang De Basanti" for Hindi film Rang De Basanti, 2006
- Raula Pai Gaya - music album, 2007
- Aasman ko chukar dekha for Hindi film Hanuman Returns, 2007
- Bismillah - religious music album 2008
- Dhoom Punjabi - IPL Kings XI Punjab theme song, 2008
- Eh Lai 100 Rupaiya, 2008
- Bhootni ke for Hindi film Singh is Kinng, 2008
- Mere Desh Ki Dharti for Hindi film Kissan, 2009
- Dulha Mil Gaya for Hindi film Dulha Mil Gaya , 2010
- Om Zaarare for Tamil film Kuselan, along with K.S.Chitra and Sadhana Sargam
- Karle Baby Dance Wance for Hindi film Hello (2008) with Sunidhi Chauhan
- Punch Out!!, played and edited music for Great Tiger's Exhibition Matches, 2009
- Rubberu Gajulu for Telugu film Yamadonga, 2007
- Jorsey for Telugu film Magadheera, 2009
- Aila Re Aila for Hindi film Khatta Meetha with Akshay Kumar, 2010
- Zor ka Jhatka for Action Replayy
- Chamki Jawaani for Yamla Pagla Deewana, 2011
- Single "Teen Thay Bhai" for Hindi film Teen Thay Bhai, 2011
- I Am Singh for Hindi film I Am Singh, 2011
- Dukalaang Praanasi for Hindi film I Am Singh, 2011
- Haryana Ka Sher for Hindi film, 2012
- Single 300 Saal Guru De Naal Music Album 300 Saal Guru De Naal, 2012
- "Banthi Poola Janaki" for Telugu film "Baadshah"(2013)
- Peter Popham (April 14, 1999). "Sikhs mark 300 years as fighters sect". The Independent. Retrieved 2006-07-06.
- Ankeny, Jason (2005). "daler mehndi". Allmusic. Retrieved 2006-09-03.[dead link]
- Vedi, Puja (2005). "I WANT TO CONQUER UK, AMERICA & CANADA - DALER MEHNDI=". radiosargam.com. Retrieved 2006-07-06.
- "Daler Mehndi wants to organize charity music shows in Pak for quake-affectees". Pakistan Tribune. December 13, 2005. Retrieved 2006-07-06.
- Puri,Amit (July 15, 2002). "Green singer, evergreen songs". tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 2006-07-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Daler Mehndi|
- Official site
- Tunak Tunak Tun music video
- Daler Mehndi croons patriotic song for 'Gandhi to Hitler'
- Music of Daler Mehdi