The Dallas Sidekicks are an American professional indoor soccer team based in Allen, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. They play their home games in the Allen Event Center. They kicked off their inaugural season as a member of the Professional Arena Soccer League on November 3, 2012.
They are named after the original Dallas Sidekicks that operated from 1984 to 2004. This team came into existence after the Allen City Council approved a lease for the Allen Event Center for Dallas Sidekicks, LLC, in April 2012. They were awarded a franchise in the PASL on May 1, 2012. In July 2012, the team held open tryouts for prospective players at the Inwood Soccer Center in Addison, Texas.
The Sidekicks returned to the field in November 2012 as a member of the Central Division of the Professional Arena Soccer League, playing their home games in the Allen Event Center in Allen, Texas, led by general manager and head coach Tatu with assistant coaches Mike Powers and Caesar Cervin. With Tatu coaching and several veteran players from the original Sidekicks on the roster, the team's marketing slogan for the season was "We're Back!" The new team honored veteran players by retiring the #11 jersey of David Doyle and #9 jersey of Tatu.
The Sidekicks defeated the Harrisburg Heat 6–2 in their PASL debut, before a PASL single-game attendance record of 5,909. The team split their regular season matches against historic rival San Diego Sockers, ending San Diego's record-setting winning streak. Dallas found success on the field in the regular season, amassing a Central Division leading 13–3 record and qualifying for the postseason, but lost the Division Finals to the Rio Grande Valley Flash. The franchise lead the league in regular season home attendance with an average of 5,041 fans per game.
||13 - 3
||Lost Divisional Finals vs. Rio Grande Valley Flash (0 - 2)
Central Division Championships (1)
As of February 21, 2013 Note: Flags indicate national team as has been defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
||Paolo da Silva
- Ronnie Davis - Majority Owner / President / CEO
- Tatu - Minority Owner / General Manager / Head Coach
- J. L. "Sonny" Williams - Minority Owner
- Jim Tolbert - Minority Owner / Vice-President, Tickets
- Missy Davis - Vice President, Merchandise / CFO
- Melissa Smith - Director of Communications / Public Relations
- Mike Powers - Assistant Coach
- Caesar Cervin - Assistant Coach
- Steve Parker - Athletic Trainer
- Steve Wagner - Chaplin
- Norm Hitzges - TV Play By Play
- Gordon Jago - TV Color Commentator
- Alan Balthrop - Team Historian/Broadcast Statistician
Developmental team 
On May 20, 2013, the team announced that some of the players who participated in the 2012–13 season would be joined by prospects to compete as "Sidekicks Premier" in the Premier Arena Soccer League for the Summer 2013 PASL-Premier season. The Sidekicks Premier play their home games at the Inwood Soccer Center in Addison, Texas.
- ^ Barron, J. David (February 28, 2013). "New Sidekicks owner employs old formula for success". Allen American-Star (Allen, TX: Star Local News). Retrieved March 3, 2013.
- ^ Barron, J. David (October 31, 2012). "Keep your shirt on! Sidekicks ready to draw again". Allen American-Star. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- ^ a b McNabb, David (November 3, 2012). "Reborn Sidekicks have winning start; Team returns after eight-year absence as 5,909 fans look on". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved November 3, 2012.
- ^ Hart, Shannon Powell (February 8, 2013). "Dallas Sidekicks back in action". Good Morning Texas (Dallas, TX: WFAA-TV). Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- ^ Brown, Travis L. (May 1, 2012). "Dallas Sidekicks reboot in November". ESPN Dallas/Fort Worth. Retrieved May 2, 2012.
- ^ Mooney, Michael J. (December 14, 2012). "Some Thoughts About the New Dallas Sidekicks". D Magazine. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- ^ Henz, Frank (May 1, 2012). "Dallas Sidekicks Return to North Texas; Team to play first game in Allen on Nov. 3". KXAS-TV. Retrieved October 6, 2012.
- ^ "Reborn Dallas Sidekicks Join PASL for 2012-13 Season". PASL. May 1, 2012. Retrieved May 2, 2012.
- ^ Hunt, Steve (May 1, 2012). "Sidekicks set for November start". The Dallas Morning News (Dallas, TX). Retrieved January 15, 2013.
- ^ Goolsby, Wyatt (July 17, 2012). "Dallas Sidekicks to hold tryouts". WFAA-TV. Retrieved October 6, 2012.
- ^ "Dallas Sidekicks 2012-13 Roster". Professional Arena Soccer League. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- ^ "Roster". Dallas Sidekicks. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
External links