From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up dam or DAM in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A dam is a barrier obstructing flowing water. Dam may also refer to:
- Dam, Afghanistan
- Dam, Bhutan
- Dam Square, a square in Amsterdam
- Den Dam, an area in northern Antwerp, Belgium
Abbreviations and acronyms
- Damascus International Airport's IATA code
- Database activity monitoring
- Delaware Art Museum
- Denver Art Museum
- Deutsche Angelgeräte Manufaktur
- Diego Armando Maradona
- Digital Asset Management
- Direct Action Movement
- Download Acquisition Mode
- Dam (methylase), DNA adenine methylase
- Dam (band), a British metal band
- DAM (band), a Palestinian rap group
- Dam (coin), a small Indian coin
- Dental dam
- DAMS, Driot Arnoux Motorsport, a French-based motor-racing team.
- WCMG, a radio station licensed to Latta, South Carolina, United States which once called itself "94.3 The Dam"
- Reservoir created by such a barrier (in some English dialects including Australian English)
- An animal's mother, in contrast with a sire
- Dam of a horse, Mare
- Dam, a dancer in the Dominican folk dance bélé
- DAM (chemotherapy) is a chemotherapy regimen consisting of Daunorubicin, Ara-C (cytarabine) and Mercaptopurine.
People with the name
- Atli Pætursson Dam, Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands
- Henrik Dam, Danish biochemist and physiologist and winner of the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1943
- José van Dam, Belgian bass-baritone
- Kenneth W. Dam, American lawyer and politician
- Laurens ten Dam, Dutch road racing cyclist
- Peter Mohr Dam, Faroe Islands politician
- Rob Van Dam, American film actor and wrestler
- Thomas Dam, inventor of the troll doll
- Thanh Xuan Dam, Vietnamese swimmer and martial artist
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.