Damansara Utama is a suburb of Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. The suburb is divided into two sections, SS20 in the east and SS21 in the west which are separated in the middle by the Damansara-Puchong Expressway, a heavily used six-lane expressway. It has a population of about 142,000 people.
The Uptown in SS21 is the commercial hub of Damansara Utama, which houses offices, restaurants, opticians, fashion houses and other miscellaneous goods.
There are major and foreign banks that have set up their branches in the area.
- CIMB Bank
- Public Bank
- RHB Bank
- Hong Leong Bank
- Alliance Bank
- Standard Chartered
Although Damansara Utama do not have any shopping malls, there are several other shopping complexes that are located in areas nearby such as Tropicana City Mall, 1 Utama, The Curve, IKEA and Ikano Power Centre.
Primary and secondary education is provided by the Sekolah Kebangsaan Damansara Utama or Damansara Utama Primary school/SMK Damansara Utama/Damansara Utama Secondary School, respectively. KDU (Kolej Damansara Utama) is in the vicinity.
The Damansara Specialist Hospital is in the adjacent suburb of [Damansara Kim] along Jalan SS 20/10. The hospital is managed by Kumpulan Perubatan (Johor) Sdn Bhd. It provides all the services, facilities and amenities of a modern hospital.
There are clinics and pharmacies in Damansara Utama closer to Uptown square.
Residents practice Islam, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Confucianism, Taoism and others.
Accessiblity via public transport
rapidKL buses which operate through Damansara Utama are as follows:
- U82 : KL Sentral - Bandar Utama via Pusat Bandar Damansara - KL Sentral
- U88 : Terminal Jalan Sultan Mohamad - Section 8 Kota Damansara via SEA Park, SS 2 Petaling Jaya - Terminal Jalan Sultan Mohamad
- U89 : Kelana Jaya LRT - Section 6 Kota Damansara via Damansara Utama - Kelana Jaya LRT
- T626 : Taman Bahagia LRT - Damansara Jaya - Damansara Utama - SEA Park, Section SS 2 Petaling Jaya - Taman Bahagia LRT
Metrobus which operate through Damansara Utama are as follows:
- 6 : Pasar Seni LRT - Damansara Perdana via Damansara Utama - Pasar Seni LRT
- 99 : Pasar Seni LRT - Section 8 Kota Damansara via SEA Park, SS 2 Petaling Jaya - Pasar Seni LRT
The street known as Jalan SS20/10 spans Damansara Utama and Damansara Kim; Jalan SS20/21 separates Damansara Utama from Damansara Kim and bisects Jalan SS20/10. Jalan SS20/10 in Damansara Utama is a street with residential units only while Jalan SS20/10 in Damansara Kim boasts residential and commercial units. The units along Jalan SS20/21 in Damansara Utama are odd-numbered while the units in Damansara Kim are even-numbered.
Damansara Kim is a nickname for Damansara Utama opposite Tropicana City Mall.
- Damansara Uptown Directory
- SS20 Damansara Kim/Damansara Utama Neighbourhood
- Damansara Specialist Hospital Website
- Damansara Utama 21 Residence Group