Damen Stan 2600
The United States Coast Guard Marine Protector class of cutters are built to the Damen Stan 2600 design. A total of 75 Marine Protector class vessels were built by Bollinger Shipyards -- 69 for the US Coast Guard, two for the United States Navy, two for Malta and two for Yemen.
The Venezuelan Navy operates vessels built to the Damen Stan design. The vessels were built in Venezuela. In March of 2008 a newly constructed vessel was sent to Nicaragua to try to solicit orders from the Government of Nicaragua.
In January 2012 Cuba and Venezuela entered into an agreement to cooperate in the construction of vessels built to the Damen Stan 2606 design. The vessels will be built in the UCOCAR shipyards in Puerto Cabello, Venezuela.
|length||26.5 metres (87 ft)|
- "L'Equateur commande une vedette garde-côte" [Ecuador orders a star Coast Guard]. Mer et Maritime. 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2011-11-30. "The Dutch group Damen shipyard and the Ecuadorian Astinave signed with the coastguard service of Ecuador, the order type of a star Stan Patrol 2606." mirror
- "International Acquisition Programs". United States Coast Guard. 2009-12-15. Archived from the original on 2009-12-28.
- "Two Damen Stan Patrol 2600 for Yemen". Damen Group. Archived from the original on 2009-12-28.
- Mauricio Miranda (2008-02-26). "Analizan adquisición de un guardacostas en Venezuela" [Analyze acquisition of a cutter in Venezuela]. El Nuevo Diario. Retrieved 2012-02-02. mirror
- "Casi listo patrullero venezolano similar al ofertado a Nicaragua" [Almost ready like Venezuelan patrol offered to Nicaragua]. Nuestro Mar. 2008-03-06. Retrieved 2012-02-02. mirror
- "Signing of contract SPa 2606 Ecuador". Damen Group. 2011-11-02. Retrieved 2011-11-30. mirror
- "Damen Signs Contract to Build Stan Patrol 2606 Boat at Astinave Yard in Ecuador". World Maritime News. 2011-11-03. Retrieved 2011-11-30. mirror
- Armando F. Mastrapa III (2012-01-11). "Cuba & Venezuela will jointly build coastal patrol boats". Cubapolidata. Retrieved 2012-02-02. "An agreement has been signed between the Venezuelan Defense Ministry and Cuban Transportation Ministry to jointly build patrol boats for the Venezuelan Navy in Puerto Cabello (Carabobo), announced Admiral Diego Alfredo Molero Bellavia (Commander General, Venezuela Navy)." mirror
- "JDW 10-Jan-2012 Venezuela, Cuba sign patrol craft accord". Jane's. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2012-02-02. "The Venezuelan Ministry of Defence and the Cuban Ministry of Transport on 5 January signed an agreement under which Cuban technicians will assist in production of coastal patrol craft production at Venezuela's UCOCAR Navy shipyard." mirror