Damen Stan 4207 patrol vessel
Two of the Jamaican Coast Guard patrol vessels
|Operators:||* Albanian Naval Defense Forces
* Barbados Coast Guard
* Bulgarian Border Police
* Canadian Coast Guard
* Honduran Navy
* Jamaica Defence Force Coast Guard
* Netherlands Antilles & Aruba Coast Guard
* South African Department of Environmental Affairs
* United Kingdom Border Agency
* Vietnam Marine Police
|Subclasses:||* UKBA 42m Customs Cutter (UK)
* Hero-class patrol vessel (Canada)
* County-class offshore patrol vessel (Jamaica)
|In commission:||2001 - Present|
|Type:||Damen Stan 4100|
|Type:||Damen Stan 4207|
|Length:||42.8 metres (140 ft)|
|Beam:||7.1 metres (23 ft)|
|Speed:||26 kn (48.15 km/h)|
|Type:||Damen Stan 4708|
|Length:||46.8 metres (154 ft)|
|Beam:||8.11 metres (26.6 ft)|
|Speed:||23.8 kn (44.08 km/h)|
The Damen Stan Patrol 4100, Damen Stan Patrol 4207 and Damen Stan Patrol 4708 are three related designs from the Damen Group, a Dutch shipbuilding firm. The Stan 4207 design are 42.8 metres (140 ft) patrol vessels. They are 7.1 metres (23 ft) wide, and can travel at 22 knots. They are designed to carry a complement of approximately a dozen. The Stan 4708 are 46.8 metres (154 ft) long, 8.11 metres (26.6 ft) wide, have a maximum speed of 23.8 knots, and carry a crew of 16-24.
Vessels of this type have been supplied to, or ordered by a number of countries. As of December 2011 thirty five vessels had been built. Many of the agencies that employ these vessels have them delivered without armament, or solely with small arms. They are equipped with water cannon. Many of the agencies that employ these vessels specified they should be equipped with stern launching ramp, capable of launching and retrieving a 7.9 metres (26 ft) pursuit craft without first stopping. The vessels are equipped with a horizontal thruster in their bows, to aid maneuvering in tight conditions, such as mooring in crowded anchorages.
|Netherlands||2001||2||4207||In 2001 the Netherlands ordered two vessels to serve in the Dutch customs' service. Visarend commissioned in 2001, Zeearend in 2002.|
|United Kingdom||2001||4||4207||the UKBA 42m Customs Cutters Seeker, Searcher, Vigilant and Valiant are operated by the United Kingdom Border Agency.|
|Honduras||2013||2||4207||Honduran Navy 2 patrol vessels 4207 and 6 Damen Interceptor 1102 in service 2013|
|Jamaica||2005||3||4207||The three vessels which form the County-class are HMJS Surrey, HMJS Cornwall and HMJS Middlesex. They were built in the Netherlands, and the last vessel was delivered in December 2006.|
|Barbados||2007||3||4207||Built for the Barbados Coast Guard. HMBS Leonard C Banfield and HMBS Rudyard Lewis were scheduled to be delivered in 2008. HMBS Trident was scheduled for delivery in 2009.|
|Albania||2007||4||4207||The Iliria and three other vessels: Oriku, Lisus and Butrindi operated by the Albanian Naval Defense Forces|
|South Africa||2004||3||4708||Lillian Ngoyi-class environmental inshore patrol vessels: Lillian Ngoyi, Ruth First and Victoria Mxenge are employed by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.|
|Netherlands Antilles & Aruba||1998||3||4100||Jaguar, Panter and Poema employed by the Netherlands Antilles & Aruba Coast Guard.|
|Vietnam||2004||3||4100||SAR-411, SAR-412 and SAR-413 employed by Vietnam Marine Police search and rescue service.|
|Canada||2009||9||4207||The Department of Fisheries and Oceans announced it would be purchasing 9 patrol vessels for the Canadian Coast Guard.|
|Mexico||2012||4207||The Mexican Navy – Armada de México – inducted the first two of what could be as many as 28 Tenochtitlan-class coastal patrol boats. The two StanPatrol 4207 patrol boats – ARM Tenochtitlan (PC-331) and ARM Teotihuacan (PC-332) were built at a cost of $9 million USD each at ASTIMAR 1 in Tampico, Tamaulipas and completed in April and May 2012.|
|United States||2012||4708||The United States Coast Guard is proposing the purchase of 24-34 cutters as the Sentinel class.|
|Bulgaria||2010||1||4207||The Bulgarian Border Police accepted delivery of the Obzor on July 16, 2010.|
|Venezuela||2||4207||The Bolivarian Armada of Venezuela ordered 2 vessels. They were built in Ucocar shipyard (Damex Shipbuilding & Engineering, Cuba).|
See also 
- "New Customs Patrol Vessels". Marine talk. 2001. Archived from the original on 2009-10-03. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- "SENTINEL Class Patrol Boat: Media Round Table". United States Coast Guard. 2008-09-30. Archived from the original on 2009-10-03. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- "Project number: DAMEN 4207". Ricochet.ru. 2005. Archived from the original on 2009-10-03. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- "Difesa albanese ordina 4 pattugliatori a Damen Shipyards". dedalonews. 2007-11-15. Archived from the original on 2009-10-03.
- "Iliria to Albania". Transport & Offshore Services. Archived from the original on 2009-10-04.
- Joris Janssen Lok (2007-10-01). "Barbados Bound". Aviation Week. Archived from the original on 2009-10-03.
- "Damen News 9". Damen Group. 2007-03. Archived from the original on 2009-10-04.
- "Damen Stan Patrol Vessel 4708: Lillian Ngoyi". Damen Group. Archived from the original on 2009-10-11.
- "The former Revenue (Customs) Cutters are now operated by UK Border Agency". Revenue Cutter Association. 2008. Archived from the original on 2009-10-03.
- Oliver Moore (2009-09-03). "Coast Guard to be beefed up with nine new ships". Globe and Mail. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12.
- "Canadian coast guard to get 9 new ships". United Press International. 2009-09-03. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12.
- "New vessels ordered for Canadian Coast Guard". Marine Log. 2009-09-03. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12.
- "Contract for Canadian Coast Guard Mid-Shore Patrol Vessels: Damen Shipyards Announces $194M Award for partner, Irving". Canadian American Strategic Review. 2009-09-03. Archived from the original on 2009-09-07.
- "Contract for Canadian Coast Guard Mid-Shore Patrol Vessels: Fisheries & Oceans Announces Award for Irving Shipbuilding". Canadian American Strategic Review. 2009-09-02. Archived from the original on 2009-09-07.
- Christopher P. Cavas (2009-09-30). "U.S. Coast Guard Chooses New Patrol Boat". Defense News. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "Fast Response Cutter (FRC)". Integrated Deepwater System Program. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Coast Guard reassigns Deepwater replacement patrol boat acquisition project". United States Coast Guard. 2007-03-14. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "U.S. Coast Guard Running Out of Ships". Strategy Page. 2007-03-25. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Recent Stan Patrol 4207 deliveries". Damen Group. Retrieved 2011-12-01. "Built at Damen Shipyards Gorinchem, the Stan Patrol 4207 'Obzor' was delivered to the Bulgarian border police on July 16, 2010. This project was made possible through Schengen funding. The 'Obzor' will be the most sophisticated vessel in the fleet and will patrol the border from her home port in Sozopol."
- "La Armada de Venezuela recibió el buque de carga Los Frailes T-91".