Damien Dernoncourt, John Hardy CEO
|Occupation||CEO of John Hardy|
Damien Dernoncourt, (born in 1971) is the CEO of John Hardy, a luxury jewelry brand. Originally from Lille, North of France, Dernoncourt has been living in Hong Kong since 1995, with his wife and two children.
Dernoncourt began his career in Hong Kong, where he spent the early years leading a buying office for a major French importer. Following this role, at 25, he utilized his learned expertise to start his own packaging and logistics company in China, which he sold prior to completing his MBA at INSEAD.
Dernoncourt joined the John Hardy Group in 2003. He was promoted to president in 2004 and was given the responsibility of organizing the company’s management team and streamlining operations. Through a management buyout, Dernoncourt, along with John Hardy Head Designer and Creative Director, Guy Bedarida, assumed control of the company in October 2007 with the support of 3i, a private equity group.
As CEO of John Hardy, Dernoncourt is the driving force behind the company’s evolution into a globally sustainable luxury brand  that is focused on minimizing the impact of business on the natural environment and treating employees with care and respect. He oversees an international team of 1500 individuals across the company’s facilities in Bali, Hong Kong, Bangkok and New York. Dernoncourt has helped to build John Hardy into one of the most successful jewelry brands in the US, while also positioning it for expanded growth in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Ch.C. - "Damien, une success-story hong-kongaise" - Voix Du Nord. Oct 2009.
- Joaillerie: John Hardy ou le mariage de luxe et de l'écologie - Les Echos. Dec 19 2008.
- "Damien et John Hardy (HONG-KONG)" - Roulez Jeunesse ! April 25, 2007.
- "Investment Story: John Hardy" - 3i Group. Retrieved July 15, 2010.
- "3i to invest $30 million in HK jeweller John Hardy" - Reuters U.K. Oct 25 2007.
- "Speakers: Damien Dernoncourt" - BODW 2009. Retrieved July 15, 2010.
- "Buy bamboo, he plants bamboo" Mother Nature Network. Sept 02 2009.
- Tegmeyer, Diane. - "Road Warrior" - Fortune Magazine. May 22, 2009.
- "Damien Dernoncourt - Wear Bamboo, Plant Bamboo" - Art and Design. Issue No. 122. Pg 44. Feb 2010.
- Tegmeyer, Diane. - "Road Warrior" - Fortune Magazine. Pg 22. May 25, 2009.
- The Sparkling Entrepreneur - Millionaire Asia.Issue 11, page 10. March 2010.