||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (April 2013)|
|Full name||Damien Perquis|
|Date of birth||10 April 1984|
|Place of birth||Troyes, France|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2007–2008||→ Sochaux (loan)||23||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Damien Perquis (French pronunciation: [daˈmjɛ̃ pɛʁˈkis]; born 10 April 1984 in Troyes) is a French footballer who after receiving the Polish citizenship plays for Poland's national team. He currently plays for Real Betis, as a central defender.
Perquis came up through the Troyes AC youth system. He played in Ligue 2 with Troyes AC for 2 years, where he was rated as one of the best defenders of the league. In 2005, he signed for Ligue 1 club AS Saint-Étienne as a free agent. In two seasons he failed to impress in the club and was loaned to Sochaux. After some initial troubles he finally found his form and now is a regular in the starting line-up. In 2008 Sochaux bought the player outright.
In December 2008 he declared his interest in playing for the Polish national team. Franciszek Smuda, manager of Poland, confirmed that information in July 2010. In January 2011, it was reported that Perquis had filed his citizenship application papers. However, his family had lost some required documents and so the Polish national team manager Franciszek Smuda had to request that the Polish president Bronislaw Komorowski approve his application. Perquis received Polish citizenship on 1 September 2011.
- Scores and results list Poland's goal tally first.
|1.||26 May 2012||Hypo-Arena, Klagenfurt||Slovakia||1–0||1–0||Friendly|
Perquis is of French descent by way of two grandfathers and one grandmother, the other grandmother was Polish. His Polish ancestors were from central Poland, including Strzyżewko. He is married, and has two children.
Perquis is also fluent in French and English and can speak a little bit of Polish.
- "Chce grać dla Polski, o której nic nie wie". Przegląd Sportowy (in Polish). 30 December 2008. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Damien Perquis zagra dla Polski". Wirtualna Polska (in Polish). 23 July 2010. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Damien Perquis closer to Poland NT". Polish Football Online. 18 January 2010. Retrieved 19 January 2010.
- Kołtoń, Roman (1 September 2011). "Prezydent zajęty, więc trwa ukrywanie Damiena Perquisa". Interia.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Reprezentacja. Damien Perquis ma polskie obywatelstwo" [National team: Damien Perquis has Polish citizenship]. Gazeta Wyborcza (in Polish). 1 September 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- Kołodziejczyk, Michał (1 September 2011). "Damien Perquis już w Warszawie". Rzeczpospolita (newspaper) (in Polish). Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Le rêve polonais de Damien Perquis". L'Est Eclair (in French). 14 August 2009. Retrieved 15 August 2009.
- Kaliszuk, Maciej (16 January 2011). "Perquis: "Chcę zdążyć na mecz z Francją"" [I want to make it in time for the France match]. Przeglad Sportowy (in Polish). Retrieved 3 June 2011.