Damon Gameau is an Australian television and film actor who has appeared in the Australian series Love My Way, the 2002 Australian film The Tracker, and in a small role in the US series How I Met Your Mother.
He appeared in RTÉ's latest Irish drama, Raw, based in an exclusive Dublin restaurant. playing the head chef Geoff Mitchell from Season 1 - Season 5. Gameau portrayed a homosexual character and received great praise for his performance throughout his time on the series.
He also starred in Spirited as Adrian Brixton alongside Claudia Karvan and Matt King.
In 2014, he announced the production of the documentary That Sugar Film in which he relates the dire mood swings and weight gain he experienced after taking on the low-fat, high-sugar health food diet for 60 days.
- Damon won the Best Actor award for his role in the film Vermin at the Sydney Underground Film Festival.
- Nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Balibo at AFI awards.
- Damon has begun a directing career also with his film One, reaching the finals of Tropfest in 2010 and his film Animal Beatbox winning the 2011 competition. Tropfest is the world's largest short film festival.
Media related to Damon Gameau at Wikimedia Commons
- Damon Gameau at the Internet Movie Database
- "Damon Gameau (Andy Maher)". Nine Network. Retrieved 16 November 2009.
- Damon Gameau – Biography at IMDB
- BALIBO IN PRODUCTION
- "Damon Gameau writes 'Australia'". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 10 August 2009. Retrieved 16 November 2009.
- "Thunderstruck". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 12 May 2004. Retrieved 16 November 2009.
- RTÉ Television – RAW
- Spirited Biography
- That Sugar Film director Damon Gameau receives shocking diagnosis after going on healthy sugar diet for just 60 days The Independent, 21 November 2014