||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (March 2011)|
Herriman at the Call Me Fitz - FX Event At Swifts, Darling Point, Sydney, in Feb 2012
31 March 1970 |
Adelaide, South Australia
Damon Herriman (born 31 March 1970) is an Australian actor known for his film and television work in Australia and the United States.
Life and career
Damon Herriman was born in Adelaide, South Australia. He began acting in local television commercials at the age of eight, but it was not until he was cast as Frank Errol in The Sullivans two years later that his career began to take off. He continued to work solidly as a child actor, with a return to The Sullivans a year later, as well as the Australian series The Patchwork Hero, Sara Dane, For the Term of His Natural Life and Taurus Rising. He received three Logie Award nominations for his performance in The Sullivans.
After appearing in the The Flying Doctors (for which he won the Penguin Award for Excellence in a Performance by a Juvenile) and the children's mini-series Elly & Jools, Herriman was cast as Mark Jorgensen, the bespectacled best friend of Ben Mendelsohn's Danny Clark in the Australian cult comedy classic, The Big Steal.
As well as continuing to work solidly in film, television and theatre, Herriman has also written and/or directed many successful short films, including the Tropfest finalsts They and The Date. In 2004, he won the Best Screenplay award at Flickerfest for the short film Soar, in which he also performed. He is a performer and contributing writer on the new ABC sketch comedy series, The Elegant Gentleman's Guide to Knife Fighting.
Herriman is best known to Australian audiences for playing Claudia Karvan's workmate and friend George Wagstaffe in the critically acclaimed Foxtel series Love My Way and more recently as Marcus Dwyer in the ABC comedy, Laid.
In 2004, he played the creepy roadkill truck driver in the US horror film House of Wax, and since 2005 has worked regularly in the United States, appearing in such productions as The Unit; Redbelt (both written and directed by David Mamet); Breaking Bad; Wilfred; CSI; The Loop; Cold Case; as well as the pilot for the unaired Dick Wolf series, Lost and Found.
In 2013, Herriman will be seen in the Australian feature, 100 Bloody Acres, as well as the playing the title role in the ABC telemovie, The Outlaw Michael Howe.
- 1980/81 - The Sullivans as Frank Errol
- 1981 - The Patchwork Hero as Hardy Jamieson
- 1982 - Taurus Rising as Phil Drysdale
- 1982 - Sara Dane as David
- 1983 - For the Term of His Natural Life as Blinker
- 1988 - The Flying Doctors as Donnie White (2 Episodes)
- 1990 - Elly & Jools as Liam O'Farrell
- 1990 - Call Me Mr. Brown as Bowser Boy
- 1990 - The Big Steal as Mark Jorgensen
- 1991 - The Miraculous Mellops as Felix (3 episodes)
- 1991 - Brides of Christ as Grant
- 1998 - Meteorites! as Nick
- 1998 - Praise as Skinhead
- 1998 - Murder Call as Lindsay Cramer (2 episodes)
- 1998-1999 - All Saints as Danny Bucknell (8 episodes)
- 2001 - The Hitch as Hitchhicker
- 2001 - South Pacific as Professor
- 2001 - Flat Chat (1 episode)
- 2001 - Water Rats as Todd Grierson/Gerry Bourke (4 episodes)
- 2004 - The Cooks as Nigel
- 2005 - Son of the Mask as Animagine Employee
- 2005 - A Family Legacy as Australian Commentator
- 2005 - House of Wax as Roadkill Driver
- 2006 - Fainting Your Way to the Top as The Presenter
- 2006 - Love My Way as George Wagstaffe (18 episodes)
- 2006 - Can I Call You as John
- 2006 - The Unit as Sgt. Parker
- 2006 - Stupid, Stupid Man as Pippy
- 2006 - Lens Love Story as Len
- 2009 - Lost & Found as Anthony Ackel
- 2009 - Chandon Pictures as Scotty Cornish
- 2010 - Call Centre as Hugo
- 2010 - Rake as Detective Maraco
- 2011 - The Last Time I Saw Michael Gregg as Curtis
- 2011 - Wilfred as Jesse
- 2011 - J. Edgar as Bruno Hauptmann
- 2012 - Justified as Dewey Crowe
- 2012 - Laid as Marcus Dwyer
- 2012 - 100 Bloody Acres as Reg Morgan
- 2012 - The Strange Calls as Adrian
- 2012 - Wishart as Andy Wishart
- 2013 - Vegas as Mr. Jones
- 2013 - The Elegant Gentleman's Guide to Knife Fighting as Various
- 2013 - The Outlaw Michael Howe as Michael Howe
- 2013 - The Lone Ranger as Ray
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Damon Herriman.|