Damu the Fudgemunk
Damu the Fudgemunk (born Earl Davis on June 8, 1984, in Washington, DC) is an American hip hop music artist and producer from Washington, DC. In addition to his career as a solo artist, music producer, and DJ, he is a member of the groups Y Society and Panacea.
Damu released his official debut album as a member of Y Society, Travel at Your Own Pace, on October 10, 2007, to positive reviews. The album is reminiscent of true-school hip-hop with its liberal use of jazz and soul samples and scratching throughout. In 2008, Damu released two free albums primarily composed of instrumental music, titled Spare Time and Overtime. He built himself a respectable and loyal fan base through his unique YouTube videos and live street performances around Washington, DC, and New York City, which require him to use a portable electricity generator to power his sampler and speakers.
Damu the Fudgemunk releases the bulk of his music through Redefinition Records, a label that he co-owns and operates. The label focuses on releasing vinyl records and cassettes even if the records are also released on CDs.
- Travel at Your Own Pace (2007)
- Spare Time (2008)
- Overtime (2008)
- ReVISIONS Madvillain (Damu vs Joe Buck) (2009)
- The Bright Side (2009)
- Same Beat Project EP (2009)
- Kilawatt: V1 (2009)
- How It Should Sound (Promo EP) (2010)
- How It Should Sound Volumes 1 & 2 (2010)
- Supply for Demand (2010)
- Brooklyn Flower (2010)
- More Supplies (2010)
- When Winter Comes / Truly Get Yours (2011)
- OverThrone (Try a Little Skillfulness) / All Green (2011)
- Faster Rhyme for Self (2011)
- "Kilawatt V1.5 featuring Raw Poetic" (2012)
- Spur Momento Trailer (2013)
- "Y Society Travel at Your Own Pace Album Review". Hip-Hop Linguistics.
- "Damu playing live music in Washington Square Park, New York City". Live Street Performance.
- Damu the Fudgemunk on Myspace
- Damu the Fudgemunk's Web Site and Blog
- Tres Records Web Site
- Redefinition Records Web Site/Damu the Fudgemunk's Bio and Discography
|This biographical article related to hip hop music in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|