|Look up -dan, DAN, Dan, or dan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dan is an old Scandinavian given name with disputed meaning. Dan is also a Hebrew given name, after Dan, the fifth son of Jacob with Bilhah and founder of the Israelite Tribe of Dan. It is a also given name or a nickname for people named Daniel.
Dan, or the acronym DAN may refer to the following:
- Dan (king), several kings of Denmark, known from pre-christian medieval Scandinavian texts, including Dan Mikilláti, from whom Denmark took its name.
- Dan I of Denmark, the progenitor of the Danish royal house according to Saxo Grammaticus's Gesta Danorum.
- Dan (Bible), one of the sons of Jacob
- Crown Prince Dan, prince of Yan in ancient China
- DJ Dan, electronic music artist
People with the surname
- Fyodor Dan (1871–1947), Russian Marxist revolutionary
- Nicușor Dan (born 1969), Romanian activist and mathematician
- Tomoyuki Dan (1963–2013), Japanese actor and voice actor
- Dan River (disambiguation)
- Gush Dan, metropolitan area in East Israel
- Dan (ancient city), the biblical location also called Dan, and identified with Tel Dan
- Dan (cuneiform), a cuneiform sign
- Dan, Israel, a Kibbutz in northern Israel
- Dan, subdistrict of Kap Choeng District, Thailand
- Dan, West Virginia
- Dan Dare, a classic British science fiction comic hero
- Desperate Dan, regular in The Dandy since 1937
- Dan Cahill, a character from The 39 clues
- Dan Hibiki, a character from the Street Fighter Alpha series
- Dan Moroboshi, alias of the title character in Ultra Seven, a 1967 Japanese TV series
- Dan Humphrey, fictional character in Gossip Girl
- Dan Kuso, a character in the Bakugan anime series.
- Dan-Air, a defunct airline in the United Kingdom
- Dan Bus Company, a public transport company in Israel
- Dan Hotels, a hotel chain in Israel
- Dialogue Australasian Network, an educational organization
- Direct Action Network, a confederation of anarchist and anti-authoritarian affinity groups, collectives, and organizations
- Divers Alert Network, a non-profit organization for Scuba diving
- Defeat Autism Now!, a defunct, controversial program of the Autism Research Institute
- Dan, a 1914 film starring Lois Meredith
- Dan (Chinese opera), a female role in Beijing opera
- DAN (protein), a family of tgf beta signaling protein inhibitors
- Dan (newspaper), a daily newspaper published in Montenegro
- Dan language, a Mande language spoken primarily in Côte d'Ivoire and Liberia
- Dan people, an ethnic group located in West Africa
- Dan (rank) in Japanese, Chinese and Korean martial arts and Go
- Dorsal attention network, a sensory orienting system in the brain
- Dynamic Albedo of Neutrons, a scientific instrument on board the Curiosity rover
- Tribe of Dan, one of the Tribes of Israel
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.