December 7, 1980
Dan Bilzerian (born December 7, 1980) is an American actor and poker player.
Dan Bilzerian was born in Tampa, Florida, to Paul Bilzerian, who was of Armenian descent, and Joan Bilzerian. The family had two sons, Dan and Adam. Bilzerian is a 4-year military veteran. He enlisted in the Navy in 1999 and went to BUD/S. He states that he was kicked out of SEAL training two days before graduation. After his military career, Bilzerian enrolled at the University of Florida, majoring in Business and Criminology.
As a professional poker player Bilzerian's most notable cash was in the 2009 World Series of Poker Main Event, for which he appeared on six episodes of the show's television broadcast. He finished in 180th place and won $36,626. He is also a co-founder of Victory Poker, an online poker room. In 2010 he was voted one of the funniest poker players on Twitter by Bluff Magazine. On March 9, 2011 Bilzerian raced fellow race car enthusiast and Supreme Court Litigator Tom Goldstein for a wager of $385,000 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, with Bilzerian racing a 1965 AC Cobra and Goldstein behind the wheel of a Ferrari 458 Italia. Bilzerian won the race.
In November 2011 Bilzerian, along with ten others including actors Tobey Maguire, Nick Cassavetes and Gabe Kaplan, were asked to pay back winnings that they had won in poker games against ponzi-scheme operator Bradley Ruderman after Ruderman was sentenced to prison, to help pay back some of the victims Ruderman had stolen from over his criminal career. That same year Bilzerian defended Alex Rodriguez publicly against accusations that he had gambled illegally, claiming that he was present when the alleged gambling event had taken place and Rodriguez was not present.
Bilzerian first appeared as a stunt person in the 2013 film Olympus Has Fallen. Bilzerian invested one million dollars in the production of Lone Survivor, in which he had a role. Bilzerian has acting roles in the 2014 films The Other Woman and The Equalizer.
- "Dan Bilzerian Victory Pros". Victory Poker. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Dan Bilzerian: Fifty Million in Poker Earnings". Unfinished Man. 20 June 2014.
- Brandon Webb (September 1, 2013). "Exclusive: Dan Bilzerian Talks To SOFREP "For The Record"". Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "Dan Bilzeran poker playboy crowned Instagram King reveals lunatic lifestyle". joesdaily. December 11, 2013. Retrieved Aprila 3, 2014.
- "Filmography". Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Piero 'Pierelfo' Pelosi (June 17, 2010). "Dan Bilzerian inguaia Victory Poker con la ESPN". Asso Poker. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "Reader’s Choice Nominees: Funniest Poker Twitterer". Bluff. December 3, 2010. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "Ferrari 458 Challenge 1967 Shelby Cobra: $ 400,000 up for grabs". Nano Press Motori. March 22, 2011. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Alan Duke (November 28, 2011). "Tobey Maguire settles poker lawsuit". CNN. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Lance Bradley (August 5, 2011). "A.M. SCRAMBLE: Karr’s High Roller Rail, Hall Of Famers, November Niners & A-Rod’s Alibi". Bluff.com. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Aaron Couch (August 28, 2013). "Actor Sues 'Lone Survivor' Producers After Role Cut". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 26, 2013.