Photo credit Damir K
December 7, 1980 |
Tampa Bay, Florida
As a professional poker player Bilzerian's most notable cash was in the 2009 World Series of Poker Main Event, for which he appeared on six episodes of the show's television broadcast. He is also a co-founder of Victory Poker, an online poker room. In 2010 he was voted one of the funniest poker players on twitter by Bluff Magazine. On March 9, 2011 Bilzerian raced fellow race car enthusist Dan Goldstein for a wager of $385,000 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, with Bilzerian racing a 1965 AC Cobra and Goldstein behind the wheel of a Ferrari 458 Italia. Bilzerian won the race.
In November 2011 Bilzerian, along with ten others including actors Tobey Maguire, Nick Cassavetes and Gabe Kaplan, was asked to pay back winnings that they had won in poker games against ponzi-scheme operator Bradley Ruderman after Ruderman was sentenced to prison, to help pay back some of the victims Ruderman had stolen from over his criminal career. That same year Bilzerian defended Alexander Rodriguez publicly against accusations that he had gambled illegally, claiming that he was present when the alleged gambling event had taken place and Rodriguez was not present.
Bilzerian's film performances include a role as a stuntperson in the 2013 films Olympus Has Fallen and as an actor in Lone Survivor, which Bilzerian also helped to bankroll in return for a role. Bilzerian also has acting roles in the upcoming films The Other Woman and The Equalizer.
Bilzerian enlisted in the Navy in 1999 went to BUD/S after completing boot camp and Quartermaster school. Bilzerian was dropped from BUD/S training for a safety violation on the shooting range. Bilzerian was the victim of two heart attacks by the age of 30. Bilzerian is also a gun collector. He is the son of Wall Street corporate take over artist Paul Bilzerian and the brother of Adam Bilzerian, who also plays poker.
- "Dan Bilzerian Victory Pros". Victory Poker. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Filmography". Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Piero 'Pierelfo' Pelosi (June 17, 2010). "Dan Bilzerian inguaia Victory Poker con la ESPN". Asso Poker. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "Reader’s Choice Nominees: Funniest Poker Twitterer". Bluff. December 3, 2010. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "Ferrari 458 Challenge 1967 Shelby Cobra: $ 400,000 up for grabs". Nano Press Motori. March 22, 2011. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Alan Duke (November 28, 2011). "Tobey Maguire settles poker lawsuit". CNN. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Lance Bradley (August 5, 2011). "A.M. SCRAMBLE: Karr’s High Roller Rail, Hall Of Famers, November Niners & A-Rod’s Alibi". Bluff.com. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Aaron Couch (August 28, 2013). "Actor Sues 'Lone Survivor' Producers After Role Cut". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Brian Webb (September 1, 2013). "Exclusive: Dan Bilzerian Talks To SOFREP "For The Record"". Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "Dan Bilzerian Heart Attack King". Carbon Poker. August 28, 2011. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Michael Kaplan (April 2010). "LAAK AND ESFANDIARI SHOOT GUNS". Poker Player. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Lindsay William-Ross (September 1, 2013). "Poker Player Promised 'Lone Survivor' Bit Part Sues Producers When His Role Is Left On Cutting Room Floor". LA-ist. Retrieved September 26, 2013.